Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I hope Ashworth has his succession plan finalised as I don't think we'll be able to stop someone poaching Potter next summer.

A big, bumper new contract for Graham might help, mind.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Its now 9 wins in 24 games in 2021. Considering we only ever win 9 games a season that is phenomenal. He has totally turned things around in terms of results now, and for me, everything I want in a manager. Long may it continue.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Its now 9 wins in 24 games in 2021. Considering we only ever win 9 games a season that is phenomenal. He has totally turned things around in terms of results now, and for me, everything I want in a manager. Long may it continue.

Big test on Saturday. Looking forward to it. We'll be going into it high on confidence too.

How great is it to have back to back Saturday games at the Amex!

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Big test on Saturday. Looking forward to it. We'll be going into it high on confidence too.

How great is it to have back to back Saturday games at the Amex!

Yep. I don't expect to win on Saturday but I think we have a good chance of winning and that feels great. Last Saturday I got to the stadium at 4 as I wanted to get there before the queues. I had no problems what so ever. The only thing about this week is getting there for 1.30 would be a bit to early for me as I have a few things to do, so I am not looking forward to the queues but apart from that, 3pm on a Saturday is when it should be played:amex:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Think this season will be the one that could cement his reputation as best ever.

The Billy Lane achievement was probably massive at the time, and although statistically it’s probably Mike Bailey, it just never really happened (probably because he was following Mullery).

Mullery himself Div 3 to Div 1 in a period without today’s finances was also a great achievement, never mind CH maintaining PL survival against the odds.

I guess depends how well we do this season for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great post.

Can't comment on Lane either but what Mullery and Hughton share is that they got us to the the top flight in the first place. Potter inherited that position and a better squad and for two seasons did no worse and no better (yes, in terms of results, we can all debate style, development of youth etc again if we must but those things are subjective).

However [MENTION=13266]andy1980[/MENTION] mentions calendar year and it is good to focus on that. Neither 2019 nor 2020 were stellar particularly in terms of home form, but 2021 has been outstanding. Potter has a real chance to cement a place as our greatest ever this season, and so far he's taking it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great post.

Can't comment on Lane either but what Mullery and Hughton share is that they got us to the the top flight in the first place. Potter inherited that position and a better squad and for two seasons did no worse and no better (yes, in terms of results, we can all debate style, development of youth etc again if we must but those things are subjective).

However [MENTION=13266]andy1980[/MENTION] mentions calendar year and it is good to focus on that. Neither 2019 nor 2020 were stellar particularly in terms of home form, but 2021 has been outstanding. Potter has a real chance to cement a place as our greatest ever this season, and so far he's taking it.

Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin next.

A bit of a leap.from Deeney and Wood, but a perfectly positioned stepping stone for later in the year.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin next.

A bit of a leap.from Deeney and Wood, but a perfectly positioned stepping stone for later in the year.

Yeah but............

Last season - in fact, more accurately with respect to my point, last YEAR - we were not putting away the Deeney and Woods of this world at home.

I've constantly said this is what Potter needed to improve and, on the evidence of the first two games, he has. Credit where it's due and all that Stat.

Saturday will be a big test and would be happy with a point TBH.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah but............

Last season - in fact, more accurately with respect to my point, last YEAR - we were not putting away the Deeney and Woods of this world at home.

I've constantly said this is what Potter needed to improve and, on the evidence of the first two games, he has. Credit where it's due and all that Stat.

Saturday will be a big test and would be happy with a point TBH.

Oh absolutely, ever the pessimist though, I'm now getting Tinselhead flashbacks :lol:.

Everton next is the perfect gauge at the perfect time.
We've been lucky to have a couple of looseners and have played 135 minutes of excellent encouraging football.
Add another 60+ minutes to that, without Maupay and Welbeck, and we're on like Donkey Kong.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
What a **** :lolol:

Yeah - you really did behave appallingly in the run up to GPs appointment... at least we can laugh about it and move on. Indeed, I for one forgive you for your lack of vision.

I have to add however, that you'd never find me making MASSIVE sweeping generalisations about anything, indeed it's rare I voice an opinion on anything... But BOY when I do, I make dam sure I'm right before I take to my keyboard whilst gifting the world my expertise.

I knew Graham would be a rip-roaring success story and go on to be possibly the best manager we've ever had. Anyone who couldn't see this, well... I'd have to say what an absolute bunch of cretins.

Hey ho, I guess it's all in the past... right?

Ahem.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I wonder where the Potter out brigade will be tonight?

Shall we have a Poll?

They’re thanking their lucky stars Vagabond is banned and not bouncing all their posts :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here