Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Thought you were talking about me, there, for a moment :wink:

Good to see you yesterday :thumbsup:

As for Potter, he does look great, but he's going to have to really work hard to stop sounding like EL Wisty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0lGuskn01o

Your (justifiable) devotion to E.L.Wisty does you proud H - I trust you haven’t tried the naked immersion in nettles though - I actually remember The Braden Beat!

Re the thread though I am delighted for GP that we’ve started well. For all those(not you) who have been critical of his rather deadpan, low-key interviews, I think it’s worth recognising how much the vast majority of the team seem very happy with life at BHA - typified of course by the resurrection of the big man at the back! The manager does not need to be full of hyperbole! Great start GP

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I was just thinking yesterday that we need to give Potter a new, longer contract.

:albion2:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ooh it’s a corner;9976933 said:
Your (justifiable) devotion to E.L.Wisty does you proud H - I trust you haven’t tried the naked immersion in nettles though - I actually remember The Braden Beat!

Re the thread though I am delighted for GP that we’ve started well. For all those(not you) who have been critical of his rather deadpan, low-key interviews, I think it’s worth recognising how much the vast majority of the team seem very happy with life at BHA - typified of course by the resurrection of the big man at the back! The manager does not need to be full of hyperbole! Great start GP

:lolol: :bowdown:

His delivery doesn't bother me at all. He's the other end of the scale to the likes of Kevin ('I'd bloody love it') Keegan and Paolo ('I'm a fascist, not a racist') Di Canio.

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if GP does it deliberately. The 30 min interview on R5 some months ago was very revealing. He waxed eloquently and lyrically about his life plans, transition from journeyman player to manager and emotional intelligence, but as soon as the interviewer asked questions about his job at Brighton he could visibly be heard eying the nettlebed (a feat that takes extraordinary focus and ninja level willpower) :lolol: :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We all have opinions and we all get proved wrong at times - but it’s the conviction and aggression many of them used that was quite strange.

Potter has a bulliable demeanour. I think he brings out the subconscious bully in some people. It's a slippery slope.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Are there still ‘Potter out’ers left anywhere? There was like dozens and very vocal but in 2021 we’ve been exceptional - I assume they’ve accepted they were well wrong? It’s just how vocal they were, knee jerk reactions, after a defeat etc…

His 2021 has been first class. Hats off to him. His 2020 though? One win at home all year wasn't it. No wonder the natives were restless. One of Icy's polls at the turn of the year came out about 50/50.

Credit to you and Icy and the others for your belief in the plan though and it's always nice to be wrong when the outcome is the team doing so well now.

Stay curious though kids. Plenty on here thought David Burke was the Messiah even as he was wheeling in the likes of Joe Mattock and Gary Gardner.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
His 2021 has been first class. Hats off to him. His 2020 though? One win at home all year wasn't it. No wonder the natives were restless. One of Icy's polls at the turn of the year came out about 50/50.

Credit to you and Icy and the others for your belief in the plan though and it's always nice to be wrong when the outcome is the team doing so well now.

Stay curious though kids. Plenty on here thought David Burke was the Messiah even as he was wheeling in the likes of Joe Mattock and Gary Gardner.

But Burke went from zero to shite whout any intervening period of improvement, better style of play and, dare I say it, sings of success. Potter has.

Glad to see you again, yesterday :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m putting it out there, knock me back if you like, our best ever manager since I started watching in 1975 :shrug:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Potentially, we’re on the cusp of special times. Imho a striker away from being consistently upper mid table.

For our 120 year history, that would be special.

Early days this season but he completely nullified last weeks media darlings yesterday. That team are really playing for GP imo. We have some intelligent and receptive players too.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don’t have much of an opinion as I know little about him but I do know Swansea have done quite well this season. However they are on the back of parachute payments and there is a world of difference between the style you can play in the Championship compared to the Premier League. Remember how good we looked in many games in the Championship?

I’d be hesitant about us appointing a manager whose only experience is in the Championship.

What a **** :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
But Burke went from zero to shite whout any intervening period of improvement, better style of play and, dare I say it, sings of success. Potter has.

Glad to see you again, yesterday :thumbsup:

Likewise buddy. Hope you got a served before the restart :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
E7B025DA-5A2A-42D7-A31F-88ED51633357.png

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I’m putting it out there, knock me back if you like, our best ever manager since I started watching in 1975 :shrug:

Think this season will be the one that could cement his reputation as best ever.

The Billy Lane achievement was probably massive at the time, and although statistically it’s probably Mike Bailey, it just never really happened (probably because he was following Mullery).

Mullery himself Div 3 to Div 1 in a period without today’s finances was also a great achievement, never mind CH maintaining PL survival against the odds.

I guess depends how well we do this season for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here