Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good red wine

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I was gonna let you try my home made Adur Red. But if you're gonna treat it like that I'm not so sure.

The Adur Red needs to lie down for a bit first. Not an ideal fruit based drink for the laydees.

I normally need a lie down afterwards:drink:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Leave the Chateauneuf du Pape to the tourists.go for Vacqueyras or Gigondas.

This is sound advice. Vacqueyras and Gigondas are neighbouring sites to C9dP and, because they're smaller in size and don't have the reputation, don't command such high prices, although the wines are usually of a comparable quality.
If you use this principle more widely, you'll be doing fine with wine. What it takes is a commitment to improving your wine knowledge. Which, I would suggest, is not a bad thing, in fact, it's A VERY GOOD THING.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Ooh, nice. My tip would be to keep it on its side till the day before you want to drink it then stand it up, take to cork out and leave it a few hours to breathe. More often than not you'll get sediment in the bottom, so if you can, decant it with a candle under the neck, try not to let any of the sludge get through. I really wouldn't open it and pour it straight from the bottle.
It's worth it all though, it's stunning.

Opened and decanted a bottle at 11am on Friday and drank it that evening. I loved it. Thanks.

I might see if they have any left in the shop, though the wife may not be too happy about that.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
The bottle of Deer Point I had last night went down very well. Had enough of the 3 for £10 type wines tbh. I try and buy a decent bottle on my budget, usually around the £5 mark. This one was £6.99, and was very nice. A Bulgarian(I think) Cabernet Sauvignon. Good enough for me :)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I was gonna let you try my home made Adur Red. But if you're gonna treat it like that I'm not so sure.

The Adur Red needs to lie down for a bit first. Not an ideal fruit based drink for the laydees.

How long do you need to lay down for after drinking a bottle of Adur Red ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Rioja Reserva 2008 Viña Pomal - very nice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here