Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good ol' Christain values...

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I have a very open mind about the many many things that the people you describe might have been feeling. God is just one possibility. If you are certain that it was god then maybe it is you who should open his mind.

I like to think that I have but can't sure I suppose. About having an open mind I meant.:)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So all the sages, mystics etc who have written many books on the subject of higher consciousness and divine experience are suffering from tricks of the mind (and faith)?

yes. yes, they are. unless you believe that all gods, deities, demons, spirits, fairies and other apparitions, you would come to the same conclusion.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Having had a read through it's pretty clear Mustafa Kemal doesn't really know much about this subject and seems to be tying himself up in knots.

I have to hands down diagaree with religious types and the "Keep an open mind" idiots. It's such a lazy, ill though out argument. So you can wholeheartedly without a doubt believe in a highr being but all us non-believers have to keep an open mind, we can't have valid non-belief. God bothering nincompoops.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Having had a read through it's pretty clear Mustafa Kemal doesn't really know much about this subject

And you do? LOL

I have to hands down diagaree with religious types and the "Keep an open mind" idiots. It's such a lazy, ill though out argument. So you can wholeheartedly without a doubt believe in a highr being but all us non-believers have to keep an open mind, we can't have valid non-belief. God bothering nincompoops.

Lovely, name-calling. Actually I was advocating an open mind by all concerned but maybe you missed that bit by not having yours open even a little chink.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
And you do? LOL

Lovely name-calling. Actually I was advocating an open mind by all concerned but maybe you missed that bit by not having yours open even a little chink.

Yes, Considering my background I would consider myself an amateur expert on such matters. I am the epitomy of Open Mindedness. Oh, I've corrected the punctuation in your forgettable quote fo you.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Yes, Considering my background I would consider myself an amateur expert on such matters. I am the epitomy of Open Mindedness. Oh, I've corrected the punctuation in your forgettable quote fo you.

So how are you an amateur expert?

And by the way if we're correcting grammar, I'm sure you know the word is epitome.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
So how are you an amateur expert?

And by the way if we're correcting grammar, I'm sure you know the word is epitome.

None of your business. No, I didn't know that. You clearly missed the joke.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I just read this, from Penn of Penn and Teller. I thought it was good.

Don’t Replace Religion; End It

JANUARY 22, 2013

Religion cannot and should not be replaced by atheism. Religion needs to go away and not be replaced by anything. Atheism is not a religion. It’s the absence of religion, and that’s a wonderful thing.

Religion is not morality. Theists ask me, “If there’s no god, what would stop me from raping and killing everyone I want to.” My answer is always: “I, myself, have raped and killed everyone I want to ... and the number for both is zero.” Behaving morally because of a hope of reward or a fear of punishment is not morality. Morality is not bribery or threats. Religion is bribery and threats. Humans have morality. We don’t need religion.

Atheism is the absence of religion. We don’t really need atheism. We just need to get rid of religion.

Religion is faith. Faith is belief without evidence. Belief without evidence cannot be shared. Faith is a feeling. Love is also a feeling, but love makes no universal claims. Love is pure. The lover reports on his or her feelings and needs nothing more. Faith claims knowledge of a world we share but without evidence we can share. Feeling love is beautiful. Feeling the earth is 6,000 years old is stupid.

Religion is often just tribalism: pride in a group one was born into, a group that is often believed to have “God” on its side. We don’t need to replace tribalism with anything other than love for all humanity. Let’s do that, okay?

Religion also includes fellowship, joy, compassion, service and great music, and those can be replaced by ... fellowship, joy, compassion, service and great music.

Atheism is the absence of religion. We don’t really need atheism. We just need to get rid of religion.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
The Westboro Bapist Chapel are nice people too !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here