Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good ol' Christain values...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's no worse than some of the stuff that the more fervent atheists say about those with a faith on here. You seem at war with the world, Nibs.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Dawkins is a smug cock and does not help the debate, but as a fervent atheist I don't mock those who choose to believe in an almighty in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Live and let live.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's no worse than some of the stuff that the more fervent atheists say about those with a faith on here. You seem at war with the world, Nibs.

But atheists don't claim to follow the teachings of christ, those of forgiveness and love and turning the other cheek and so on.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
But atheists don't claim to follow the teachings of christ, those of forgiveness and love and turning the other cheek and so on.

That was my point exactly. Thank you. Yes, Dawkins is a smug arse but it's the reactions from so called Christians that I was pointing out.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

True but there's also been some truly shitty atheists down the years. Dawkins is mischief-making by trying to tar everybody with the same brush. And it's a bit simplistic to say that all Christians believe in turning the other cheek. It's patently not the case.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Personally I find people who take any religious text literally to be the most dangerous/ crazy/ hypocritical

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That was my point exactly. Thank you. Yes, Dawkins is a smug arse but it's the reactions from so called Christians that I was pointing out.

I love the phrase "so-called Christians". It's almost like a get out of jail free card. It's as if you're baiting them by saying 'Let me insult the very thing that you live your life by whenever, however and wherever I choose" and then waiting for them to lose their rag and then triumphantly taking the moral high ground. It ignores the fact that although Christians try to live a Christian life they are also human and some people have a short temper, don't they Nibble?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I love the phrase "so-called Christians". It's almost like a get out of jail free card. It's as if you're baiting them by saying 'Let me insult the very thing that you live your life by whenever, however and wherever I choose" and then waiting for them to lose their rag. It ignores the fact that although people try to live a Christian life they are also human and some people have a short temper, don't they Nibble?

I believe any Christian that wishes death upon someone for having a different opinion may need to re-assess the meaning of Christian Values. If you are insuating I have a short temper I'd like you to find one example of when I have lost my temper on here please? I didn't start this thread for a binfest I started it as I thought it was an ironic video. You clearly want a row and I'll leave you to it chap, hope the whole pompous arse thing works out for you. tattybye.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Maybe but I've got the better comebacks.

No, you really don't. The fact that you think you do just reinforces the fact that you are a pompous arse.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Posted on 1st January:

Unfortunately one of my new year resolutions is to not partake of exactly this kind of binfest..

How's that working out for you? And do you know how many times since then you've told people to 'f*** off' or 'get laid' or generally insulted them? I don't because I got fed up with counting by the first page of results.

Now you can claim to be many things on here, Nibs, but ice-cold in Alex isn't one of them.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Posted on 1st January:

How's that working out for you? And do you know how many times since then you've told people to 'f*** off' or 'get laid' or generally insulted them? I don't because I got fed up with counting by the first page of results.

Now you can claim to be many things on here, Nibs, but ice-cold in Alex isn't one of them.

If you have some kind of problem with me I suggest you wind your neck in and relax Buzzer, pursuing people on a web forum in order to wind them up, as you are clearly doing hardly makes you the f***ing Ice-Man does it. I'm gonna chip off now, I have physio. May I suggest you take this time to relax and have a think about thinngs boy. Now, I really am off. Cheers for the trip down the cul-de-sac that is your personality. See ya.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If you have some kind of problem with me I suggest you wind your neck in and relax Buzzer, pursuing people on a web forum in order to wind them up, as you are clearly doing hardly makes you the f***ing Ice-Man does it. I'm gonna chip off now, I have physio. May I suggest you take this time to relax and have a think about thinngs boy. Now, I really am off. Cheers for the trip down the cul-de-sac that is your personality. See ya.

You already said goodbye a few posts up, Nibs. Trouble is that you lack the killer put-down so keep coming back for more. Reply soon, yeah?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here