Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good luck Gus!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Seeing that the BBC are saying Gus Is nailed on for the black cats job I would like to start a positive thread wishing him the best in his new role . If you want to be negative then go somewhere else!!

Here here.

Good luck Gus, wish you all the success in the World. I'll always remember the great times. Charlton away, wow, simply wow.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I can't believe I support the same club as some of you assmunches. Why the vitriol? He lost a game, but he gave us a wonderful chance of promotion and it didn't work out, he was thoroughly pissed off as a result as it was a great opportunity for him and for us and it didn't happen. Some of you make it sound like he wanted us to lose!

Agreed. While I wholeheartedly support Oscar and expect him to be given the support and time to adapt the team in his image, I can't help but feel a little gutted this morning. It feels a bit like seeing an ex-girlfriend smiling on the arm of a better looking bloke and no doubt bigger love length.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I can't believe I support the same club as some of you assmunches. Why the vitriol? He lost a game, but he gave us a wonderful chance of promotion and it didn't work out, he was thoroughly pissed off as a result as it was a great opportunity for him and for us and it didn't happen. Some of you make it sound like he wanted us to lose!

I don't think there are that many on here who really believe he wanted to lose the semi's. My only gripe with him is that he didn't offer his resignation when suspended and just moved on.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Gus absolutely revolutionised the style of football at this club. Looking forward to seeing Sunderland playing the same way. In my book, he's an Albion legend.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Did you ever wonder why we didn't interview anyone else for the Albion job or why there was no short list? Could it be that Oscar was lined up before we got rid of Gus?

Tony has always said that he keeps a short list of about 10 replacement managers in mind so he can move quickly if he loses a manager suddenly. Some of these are not available at any given time.

I would have thought that as a minimum he would have narrowed down an up to date version of this list as soon as the Gus pre-Palace phone call happened in March.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Best manager we have had in many a year. There was never no hard feelings from myself. Wish him all the best at Sunderland

this x10 i'm not saying i think Oscar will not improve us but in reality we had the best manager we have had in my years of supporting albion (1972) so to follow Gus has put Oscar at quite a disadvantage i just hope that when the injuries clear and the players settle into Oscars system the performances and results improve. This is purely my opinion and i will support the manager whoever he may be, but i do miss Gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here