Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good luck Gus!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He showed no respect towards this football club at the end of last season.He phucked up our best chance of getting into the Premier League for generations and he phucked up the club's pre-season preparations for this season.

He had the opportunity to make things great for himself and The Albion-he chose Project Poyet.

Good luck? I hope he fails miserably. He won't but I hope he does.

Really? I mean really? Generations? That doesn't say much for Oscar's abilities.

As Elvis Costello would have it, what's so funny about peace, love and Understanding. Obviously there's no going back, but what is the point of the vitriol. It's self destructive and it will do the people who hold the grudge more harm than it will do GP and/or Sunderland. Lighten up. Get a Life. If Gus does well there, which I hope he does, I feel it will only reflect well on us in the long term.

As for passion, wouldn't it be more useful to put your all in to supporting the current set-up rather than fulminating against what is HISTORY.

Good luck to Gus. I have mostly good memories.

Good post. There are some very mean spirited people around.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Really? I mean really? Generations? That doesn't say much for Oscar's abilities.

We're not talking about Oscar are we? Is it really that difficult to understand for the Poyet fan club? Poyet HAD the best chance for generations. Everything was in place for us to go up. He chose to phuck that opportunity up. Take your Gus Goggles off.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We're not talking about Oscar are we? Is it really that difficult to understand for the Poyet fan club? Poyet HAD the best chance for generations. Everything was in place for us to go up. He chose to phuck that opportunity up. Take your Gus Goggles off.

That's not what you posted. You said (or it reads that way) that Poyet has messed us up for generations.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Jesus Christ :facepalm: Poyet didn't give a shite about BHAFC or the Brighton fans towards the end, some of these good luck comments are a little sickening.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Best chance since 1991. Let's hope it doesn't take 22 more years to get another.

I'm sure it won't.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I wish him relegation and a damned good sacking after we beat Sunderland next year.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
That's not what you posted. You said (or it reads that way) that Poyet has messed us up for generations.

Your Gus Goggles chose to distort what I said. I clearly meant past tense but you knew that. Poyet HAD the best chance. HAD.

Just to clarify something to Gus's Gang, I appreciate the job he did for The Albion-while he was interested. I simply cannot offer any good luck messages to the man who blew our promotion because of Project Poyet.

If it turns out that all that's happened has been a smoke screen to help Sunderland get Poyet without compensating The Albion will you all still feel such love towards him?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Very best of luck to him but I can't help feeling Sunderland are jumping from a frying pan into a fire.

MOTD will be more interesting for his post match comments if he cannot keep that ego in check he may spend quite a while in the stands and visiting the FA.

We would not be where we are now had he not been manager and although he self-imploded the Gus Bus was fantastic especially the year we won League 1 - the football on the pitch was awesome.

A big fat THIS! Totally agree. I don't begrudge the man any future success. Hopefully time will erase the unseemly nature of his exit and we can just remember the good times.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Very best of luck to him but I can't help feeling Sunderland are jumping from a frying pan into a fire.

MOTD will be more interesting for his post match comments if he cannot keep that ego in check he may spend quite a while in the stands and visiting the FA.

We would not be where we are now had he not been manager and although he self-imploded the Gus Bus was fantastic especially the year we won League 1 - the football on the pitch was awesome.

Let's not forget, though, that he wouldn't be where he is now without the opportunity he got with US...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If it turns out that all that's happened has been a smoke screen to help Sunderland get Poyet without compensating The Albion will you all still feel such love towards him?

It would be an odd way of going about things, from Sunderland's perspective. Paying off PDC probably cost them whatever it would have cost to pay the compensation in the first place.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Let's not forget, though, that he wouldn't be where he is now without the opportunity he got with US...

Very well said, if Gus needs luck he shouldn't be in the job :thumbsup:

If anything he should be phoning up Bloom and thanking him for giving him the chance to step into management in the first place, thanking him again for making him a free agent and apologise to him for not leaving us with dignity instead of being booted out kicking and screaming.

He has had enough luck but doesn't appreciate it. I hope he sticks to his only game plan, gets sussed and ends up where he truly deserves to be.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Good luck Gus - seriously going to need it as it's make or break for his career.

Thanks for everything up until the play-off 2nd leg - from there onwards he can do one.

Onwards and upwards in the Os-car !!!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Jesus Christ :facepalm: Poyet didn't give a shite about BHAFC or the Brighton fans towards the end, some of these good luck comments are a little sickening.

Have to agree with this.
Be interesting to see how he gets on though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Your Gus Goggles chose to distort what I said. I clearly meant past tense but you knew that. Poyet HAD the best chance. HAD.

Just to clarify something to Gus's Gang, I appreciate the job he did for The Albion-while he was interested. I simply cannot offer any good luck messages to the man who blew our promotion because of Project Poyet.

One generation is 25-30 years so that's one generation ago that we actually got to Wembley which was further. Not generations which is what you posted.
Did you ever wonder why we didn't interview anyone else for the Albion job or why there was no short list? Could it be that Oscar was lined up before we got rid of Gus?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I can't believe I support the same club as some of you assmunches. Why the vitriol? He lost a game, but he gave us a wonderful chance of promotion and it didn't work out, he was thoroughly pissed off as a result as it was a great opportunity for him and for us and it didn't happen. Some of you make it sound like he wanted us to lose!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here