Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good luck Gus!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I say good luck Gus, It will be good to have another interesting manager in the Premier League. Hope the Black Cats go well!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
History will have him down as an absolute Albion legend until 19.45 pm on 13th May 2013 at which point he became the biggest **** in Albion's history. I am deeply indebted to him for everything up to 13th May 2013, I cannot forgive what happened that night but I wish him well and suspect, as described above, he will either become a legend up there or that it will end badly and in tears.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I think he needs a relatively good start up there otherwise things could get
a little nasty - but I hold no grudges and for what he did for us I am very
grateful.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He'll be gone before Christmas.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Seeing that the BBC are saying Gus Is nailed on for the black cats job I would like to start a positive thread wishing him the best in his new role . If you want to be negative then go somewhere else!!

I would send him some flowers if I were you. Gus didn't want to be here, good riddance. Don't be so lightweigh,t no wonder this club lacks the passionate supporters other clubs have. Forget Poyet, he couldn't give a monkeys about us. Start a positive thread, give me a break.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
History will have him down as an absolute Albion legend until 19.45 pm on 13th May 2013 at which point he became the biggest **** in Albion's history. I am deeply indebted to him for everything up to 13th May 2013, I cannot forgive what happened that night but I wish him well and suspect, as described above, he will either become a legend up there or that it will end badly and in tears.

I also was a big fan of Gus until May 12th.

Something went on between the 2 playoff legs to turn his professional performance and attitude at Selhurst into the disinterested, sulky, unprofessional one at the AMEX.

Project Poyet was far more important to him than the albion on that day, and for now I can't forgive him.

Nevertheless, best of luck to him at Sunderland.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Dont know what happened, but it happened. In Oscar I trust, but thank Gus for being part of the dynamic, getting us to where we are now, compared to a few years ago. Wishing him good luck, except in cup matches for when the inevitable happens.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I love how they've replaced Di Canio with "Di Canio Lite".

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Was a big fan and still am.

Under him I saw some of the best stuff we have ever played and also his bringing in of Vicente, a player who would have laughed at us a few years ago, made going to watch the albion an absolute pleasure.

People can rewrite history all they like from rumour and innuendo but for me he was the best manager we ever had, and probably every will have in my lifetime. In fact the fact that Gus has taken Charlie and tanno actually speaks volumes.

But now it's all over, it's all about a spaniard who needs support from the crowd and the club, especially in the way he wants to develop HIS squad, not david burke's squad. Let's hope that he gets the players he needs to develop his style of playing and does not have players foisted on him. Iniesta would be nice for a start, and puyol can come and finish his career here if he wants. ...lol

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Pretty much this, although the dates might be different on when it really went wrong. Maybe as early as March, we might never know.

Gus did an amazing job with us, changed the whole mood, achieved, made players better, signed good ones, and transformed the experience of watching Brighton.

It would have taken a truly extraordinary set of circumstances and shite behaviour to threaten the way he was viewed. Sadly, that is what happened.

While I appreciate everything he did not quite ready yet to wish him good luck elsewhere, as his actions this year have taken away all the club's momentum and set us back months, if not years. We really missed out in the transfer market this summer.

If opinions are now so mixed, he has only himself to blame for that. I believe he is intelligent enough to have learned from the experience, and not to take the piss again at Sunderland.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Good luck Gus. I'm delighted to see Tanno and Charlie there with him if only for following events in the Prem more interesting.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He showed no respect towards this football club at the end of last season. He phucked up our best chance of getting into the Premier League for generations and he phucked up the club's pre-season preparations for this season.

He had the opportunity to make things great for himself and The Albion-he chose Project Poyet.

Good luck? I hope he fails miserably. He won't but I hope he does.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I would send him some flowers if I were you. Gus didn't want to be here, good riddance. Don't be so lightweigh,t no wonder this club lacks the passionate supporters other clubs have. Forget Poyet, he couldn't give a monkeys about us. Start a positive thread, give me a break.

As Elvis Costello would have it, what's so funny about peace, love and Understanding. Obviously there's no going back, but what is the point of the vitriol. It's self destructive and it will do the people who hold the grudge more harm than it will do GP and/or Sunderland. Lighten up. Get a Life. If Gus does well there, which I hope he does, I feel it will only reflect well on us in the long term.

As for passion, wouldn't it be more useful to put your all in to supporting the current set-up rather than fulminating against what is HISTORY.

Good luck to Gus. I have mostly good memories.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I agree that we would not have arrived in the Championship quite so rapidly and easily without Gus.

But in return I hope Gus is gracious enough to acknowledge that Tony Bloom gave him his first proper managerial chance and an environment that made it easier to succeed. Many other managerial candidates would cut their right arm off to have the situation Gus landed in with us. The Albion gave him an excellent platform for his chance to manage in the Prem. Pity it wasn't with us rather than Sunderland.

I will watch his progress with interest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here