Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Good luck Chris..,

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I still think he deserved the first 6 games or so this season with new signings to see if he could turn it around. Potter's team were also in freefall before the lockdown and the break happened at the right time.
It also has to be said that if Brighton don't win at Burnley, they will have got less points than Hughton's first season in the premier league.
However, i think Potter has laid the foundations for a promising future, but its not guaranteed that we will be successful next season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I still think he deserved the first 6 games or so this season with new signings to see if he could turn it around. Potter's team were also in freefall before the lockdown and the break happened at the right time.
It also has to be said that if Brighton don't win at Burnley, they will have got less points than Hughton's first season in the premier league.
However, i think Potter has laid the foundations for a promising future, but its not guaranteed that we will be successful next season.

I still think you're wrong :shrug:

Be interesting to see how he fares in his next job in the EPL.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Yep, we should have appointed a manager who does guarantee success next season

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I also thought that with some good signings in the summer - especially midfielders who could take the game to the opposition rather than camping just in front of the back four - CH could have kicked on this season. We'll never know, of course.
Although unhappy about the sacking at the time, I'm well and truly over it now, and happy with GP as our manager - even though his team selections occasionally make me think of Hyypia, but with better players!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Yea, I would quite like you to stay if at all possible?

I was joking with my quote but thank you for the positive response.

I enjoy the debates in here. I would miss it if I left. I even already miss BensGrandad's off the planet transfer speculation.

And anyhow. If I win the Score Predictor I would need to stay and defend my title ��

Last edited:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I was joking with my quote but thank you for the positive response.

I enjoy the debates in here. I would miss it if I left. I even already miss BensGrandad's off the planet transfer speculation.

And anyhow. If I win the Score Predictor I would need to stay and defend my title ��
Good man.

You're one of us now regardless [emoji16]

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
These are a good appointment (potentially).

Nothing but love and praise for CH – a top bloke who did so much for the Albion on and off the field. To me, he sets his teams up to perform as they need to – when he first arrived, it was all about Championship survival (job done); then promotion (smashed it, albeit at the second time of asking, but came within a whisker the first time) and then staying in the PL (missions accomplished for two seasons, which is no easy feat for a club new to the division).

He basically achieved every target that he was set. The quality of football varied massively, of course, but that is the measure of the man. A lot of fans grew to hate that, but he's pragmatic and realistic when it comes to knowing what he and his teams can achieve. I wish him every success with Bristol City – or whichever club he next takes charge of.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
If Bristol City are telling CH he's got to line up for interview with seven other candidates in case they can find someone better, I can see him telling them to stick it!

Yes, agree. If they keep him hanging on, when his application is now public knowledge, they'd better move to appointment pretty quick. If they faff about and lose him then they will have royally @ucked up. This is Bristol City we are talking about....who are they, as a mid table Championship team, going to get as a better option than Chris. They need to wise up and get on with it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If Bristol City are telling CH he's got to line up for interview with seven other candidates in case they can find someone better, I can see him telling them to stick it!

Surely he would have known that they were interviewing others. Case of you're one of 8 and we'll pick the best one. Not a case of thanks for coming in for an interview but we've had 7 late applications so we're going to see if any are better than you. Standard practice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here