Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Good luck Chris..,

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Excellent news for Chris and for City. I've read that Chris is careful about the places he agrees to work and wants to see potential for a project. I suspect that he could have been working sooner had he not been so careful about selecting a club that he has every chance of making better. I really hope that it's a success for him.

If any City fans read this, you may be underwhelmed at present by his reputation for caution, but Chris is the ultimate professional in everything he does. He will work relentlessly to prepare your players and will be unstinting in finding ways to turn his famous 'fine margins' in your favour. You will be proud to have the man associated with your club: honourable, determined, calm and decent. His work on and off the field for Brighton helped lift us to somewhere that I had thought I would never see and did it in a manner that expressed deep humanity, humility and care for his fellow man. I hope that you get promoted and that we are still around for him to bring his team to the Amex. A lot of us would like the chance to pay our respects and express the thanks that we didn't get to say on his departure.
Great post. Nail on the head.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Chris is a very intelligent guy and will have taken on board criticisms of his, predominately, defensive strategy. I think we will see a new more flowing game plan from him. Would love to see him back in the Premier League, it’s where he belongs.

This isn’t a fair reflection of CH as a championship manager. We were very solid but played some cracking football at that level. I’d log as far to say the most enjoyable football I’d take that over Poyets style for example every day if the week. His record at that level is one of the best out there.
In regards of his PL tactics they may have been defensive but he kept us up which is all anyone could really ask for.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
This isn’t a fair reflection of CH as a championship manager. We were very solid but played some cracking football at that level. I’d log as far to say the most enjoyable football I’d take that over Poyets style for example every day if the week. His record at that level is one of the best out there.
In regards of his PL tactics they may have been defensive but he kept us up which is all anyone could really ask for.

I was referring to his premier league set up rather than championship. He should achieve promotion, with the right players, but will then, probably approach the premier league with a different game plan to last time.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I was referring to his premier league set up rather than championship. He should achieve promotion, with the right players, but will then, probably approach the premier league with a different game plan to last time.
Maybe just maybe its horses for courses and for our limited Premier league squad it was a necessity, not unlike some of our football this season.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I see Luke Williams is at Bristol looking after under 23s. A position he filled with us long time ago. He was very well thought off and left to go to Swindon. All went wrong when he took over as manager

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
would guess Paul Trollope as part of the set up as his family must all be based around there from when he was at B Rovers and Cardiff

be interesting to see how CH gets on and who they sign

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Well when five different news sources write is as fact (having said it was just a rumour before when reported by TalkSport as fact), it's usually ok to presume it's fact. [emoji23]

Don't blame the messenger if they screwed it up.....

I also can't find an 'official' source?
I hope it comes about, as he deserves another 20-30,000 people singing his name as he proves he can get a team promoted to the premier league. I'll be watching with interest at this outcome

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I hope it comes about, as he deserves another 20-30,000 people singing his name as he proves he can get a team promoted to the premier league. I'll be watching with interest at this outcome

He is in talks with the club, but he hasn't been appointed yet.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Daily Fail, Express, Bristol City's (possibly unofficial) Twitter, Sky and many others all reported it as done. And have now backtracked. Plus hundreds of supposedly itk football accounts/websites.

I think what happened was that Talkshite reported it as a done deal off the back of one tweet.

That's why I originally said not to believe it yet.

Then when all these supposedly "respected " news sources said that Chris had agreed to take the job, I presumed that was correct.

As I said, don't shoot the messenger. At least it's not my job, unlike all the people who reported it.....

Just goes to show the power of fake news and how it can escalate.

Apparently Ben White wants to stay at Leeds, oh and he's handed in a transfer request, yes and he's refusing to sign a contract with Brighton, etc etc etc All based on nothing.

It's scary when you think that this is actually how politics is run now.

At least we do know that Chris has been talking to them and been offered the job (probably!?). I guess it's up to him now if nothing more has been revealed.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I would genuinely love it if that was the case

The only thing is Norwich fans said the same, though they were stupid enough to sack him before he’d kept them up.

I’d be surprised if he changed his proven strategy for survival once promoted. I’m sure eventually BC fans will tire of his defensive tactics, much like some of our own, but hopefully by that time, like us they’ll be able to appreciate the successes.

Maybe the BC recruitment team will invest the PL money better than our own. Perhaps the chap that originally that came with him (can’t remember his name) will rejoin at BC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The only thing is Norwich fans said the same, though they were stupid enough to sack him before he’d kept them up.

I’d be surprised if he changed his proven strategy for survival once promoted. I’m sure eventually BC fans will tire of his defensive tactics, much like some of our own, but hopefully by that time, like us they’ll be able to appreciate the successes.

Maybe the BC recruitment team will invest the PL money better than our own. Perhaps the chap that originally that came with him (can’t remember his name) will rejoin at BC.

Did Nathan work with him till Colin Calderwood took over 2014/15 season?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I thought that Norwich fans hardly had a good word to say about him? May be wrong but I do remember a lot of negativity from them when we appointed him. I only see mainly very positive comments from Albion fans in wishing him well at Bristol City (if he even takes the job!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here