Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Good luck Chris..,

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
They also need warning that they will be biting their nails to the quick if they are winning 1-0 with 15 mins to go however dominant they have been previously. “Keep what we’ve got” seems to me to be a Hughton mantra late in the game. The defence is so well organised that you’ll be OK most of the time though :smile:

He's very pragmatic and resolute in his plans.
But that depends on the strengths of the players at his disposal.
He will only hold onto what he's got, if he thinks that is the best chance of getting the result.

The difference between the way we played in each of the first 2.5 seasons he was with us was marked.
When he had brought in Duffy/Knocky/Murray, he was much happier to go for it in away games than the season before.

I'm told he was also a lot more expansive at Newcastle.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
They also need warning that they will be biting their nails to the quick if they are winning 1-0 with 15 mins to go however dominant they have been previously. “Keep what we’ve got” seems to me to be a Hughton mantra late in the game. The defence is so well organised that you’ll be OK most of the time though :smile:

2016/17 Season

Annotation 2020-07-23 173211.pngAnnotation 2020-07-23 173210.png

I think Bristol City fans can sleep easy. :wink:

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Good luck Chris - this is a really good move. I actually quite like Bristol City and I think he’ll do a fantastic job. I have total respect for him and all he did for us. Think I’ll have a wager on BC to get promoted next season.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just waiting to put £10 on CH's first substitution at Bristol City not being before the 76th minute.

The missing part of the jigsaw to get Bristol City promoted.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Just waiting to put £10 on CH's first substitution at Bristol City not being before the 76th minute.

The missing part of the jigsaw to get Bristol City promoted.

I'm more thinking along the lines of £10 on Bristol City getting promoted!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Chris is a very intelligent guy and will have taken on board criticisms of his, predominately, defensive strategy. I think we will see a new more flowing game plan from him. Would love to see him back in the Premier League, it’s where he belongs.

I would genuinely love it if that was the case

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Certainly worth a cheeky tenner on Bristol City to go up next season.

At Championship level he's probably the best out there (and, as others have said, a tremendous feller off the pitch, a true gent). I can see raids coming for Duffy and Stephens as they try to recreate our promotion season first go out. He'll close a few games out to generate some genuine squeaky bum time but, if they play like we did, there'll be plenty of wins by more than one goal.

I'm genuinely pleased to see him back in football.

As for the Premier League it'll depend on them getting there first and then how much they want to spend. I can't see Chris changing his pragmatic ways if he thinks the squad needs it. And that will be good enough for a bit. He certainly kept a mainly Championship standard squad up in his first PL season with us. The only quesiton marks then are about kicking on. I hope he does that too this time round, just so long as it's not at our expense.

Let's hope we play them while he's still there but when fans are allowed back into grounds. It's only fitting we get to say goodbye one more time.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Is it? I can’t see anything official.
Well when five different news sources write is as fact (having said it was just a rumour before when reported by TalkSport as fact), it's usually ok to presume it's fact. [emoji23]

Don't blame the messenger if they screwed it up.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here