Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Golf - do you play?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Miss Hassocks, a course that tricked you into thinking you’d finally cracked the beautiful game….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My first hole in one was on the 6th

Any idea what’s happening to it, heard they were meant to be keeping 9 holes but can’t see it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thrashing [emoji15] Majestically nudging my ball down range if you don’t mind!

Doesn’t every range session start with a loosen up/stretch, then set out the clubs out carefully in order in order and then start to go through your drills, carefully checking alignment, backswing and follow through with every shot.......

..........before getting the driver out after 10 shots and spending the rest of the bucket trying to clear the fence at the back ?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Any idea what’s happening to it, heard they were meant to be keeping 9 holes but can’t see it

My first and last hole in one was on the 5th at Lingfield several years ago.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Have toyed with it in the past but really can’t be ar5ed. Mrs DiS took it up about 25 years ago and played regularly, was a member of a good local club but was too busy to play regularly. Now she is retired and with Covid receding - hopefully - she’s joining another club.

But what always used to annoy me was what struck me as the arrogance of some of her friends who insisted that the only reason I was not similarly smitten was that I had not really played it. There are other things I would rather do with my time.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Started two and a half years ago, playing index 18.4... love it and hate it in equal measure. Membership at my club ( Mendip Spring in Somerset) is £950 pa, but actually, as I play at least 3 rounds a week, is good value.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Completely gone, large housing estate/site now [emoji3525]
Already built/building on most of it......can’t see where there will be any golf.

All gone [emoji3525]

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Use to attend the wonderfully organised REMF Golf Day at Mid Sussex Golf Club, a brilliant day out!

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I find that Golf gets in the way of a good walk. However, even at my ripe old age I still do enjoy kicking the odd pebble along Hove Prom so I may have been missing out.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex

Your 1st...how many have you got???
A friend of mine sort of got one... having skewed his tee shot into the woods, he took his "third" and straight into the hole!! I tried to console him that a par was still good!! He's never been close since..

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Guilty, have played for over 20 years through 2 knee operations. I've seen my handicap come down, go up, come back down and go back up.

Wonderful game but always has the capacity to ruin one's mood. So much of it is in the head.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Been playing regularly now for 5 years and am a member up at Brighton and. Hove GC by the Dyke.

I got down before lockdown and the new WHS ago 8.2 handicap, but now, with putting in a card every game including general play, I am 10.7 which is my indicative handicap. It has all changed now and the handicap you are given is based on the last 20 rounds you have played and they take the best 8 to give the indicative HC.

Then the course has a rating ( slope) and your HC changes per course.

I play 4 times a week now

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Completely gone, large housing estate/site now [emoji3525]

All gone [emoji3525]

I used to be a member and certain it was sold on maintaining a 9 hole facility.

Saying that I’ve heard the previous owner was trying to influence the joining up the other development in at stone pound cross roads

Real shame, some decent holes and cost effective

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Your 1st...how many have you got???
A friend of mine sort of got one... having skewed his tee shot into the woods, he took his "third" and straight into the hole!! I tried to console him that a par was still good!! He's never been close since..

*and only

It took me 15 weeks after this to hit GIR again on the same hole, became an event for my playing partners.

I did the right thing and put a bottle behind the bar as per tradition and was greeted by an old boy who decided it was the right time to tell me off for playing off the white teas as I wasn’t a category one golfer.

If you’re on here George, **** orrrrf!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Between the ages of 12 and 17 I probably spent more time on Piltdown golf course than I did at home. I loved that place and knew every fairway and their borrows and slopes like the back of my hand. Give me a cloudless Sussex summer's afternon and there is nowhere I'd rather be than striding off down the heather-fringed par five 2nd, with an outside chance of making the front of the green in two. I didn't even mind the wet rounds either when the rain would billow sideways in the wind slipping over the Weald.

I'll have to get back there one day. If someone tells me it's now a Persimmon Homes housing estate I will cry.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
WANKERS game played by smarmy WANKERS, who think they’re better than anyone else.

I’m playing in a few weeks time.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Between the ages of 12 and 17 I probably spent more time on Piltdown golf course than I did at home. I loved that place and knew every fairway and their borrows and slopes like the back of my hand. Give me a cloudless Sussex summer's afternon and there is nowhere I'd rather be than striding off down the heather-fringed par five 2nd, with an outside chance of making the front of the green in two. I didn't even mind the wet rounds either when the rain would billow sideways in the wind slipping over the Weald.

I'll have to get back there one day. If someone tells me it's now a Persimmon Homes housing estate I will cry.

Took some lessons up there few years back - pro said I have the worst slice he’s ever seen - we tried loads to get rid of it but I forgot it and didn’t practice - still got 2 lessons from the 6 I paid for!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here