Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But the bbc cant compete in the tendering process.. A dedicated bbc sports channel would consist of the boat race and the grand national being shown 24 hours a day with a dedicated 364 day london
marathon build up.

It wont happen but if people boycotted Sky subscriptions they wouldn't be able to out tender BBC and TV so more football cricket etc could be shown on terrestrial TV.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
It wont happen but if people boycotted Sky subscriptions they wouldn't be able to out tender BBC and TV so more football cricket etc could be shown on terrestrial TV.

Why should people boycott subscribing to Sky when they provide an amazing array of programmes, covering a multitude of genres? Personally, I'm perfectly happy to pay the £80 quid a month because I get an awful lot of enjoyment from the channels.

As others have mentioned, if you wanted a similar line-up of programmes on terrestrial television, you would be looking at paying a licence fee similar to what I pay annually for my Sky subscription.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Because without Sky you would get the same programs on terrestrial TV without paying £80 per month. Do you think that generally the programs they provide are better than BBC or ITV disregarding live football or cricket.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Because without Sky you would get the same programs on terrestrial TV without paying £80 per month. Do you think that generally the programs they provide are better than BBC or ITV disregarding live football or cricket.

With a few exceptions, yes.

Many of the most popular programmes are bought in from America, for example; a process which is funded by the revenue gained from subscriptions. Without Sky, the BBC would still not be able to buy those programmes in without massively upping the licence fee.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
With a few exceptions, yes.QUOTE]

It is obviously down to opinions but that is why I think that they are not as good because they come from America and they are generally inferior to our made program.

How can you possibly know if the programmes on sky are better or worse if you've never seen any of them?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
With a few exceptions, yes.QUOTE]

It is obviously down to opinions but that is why I think that they are not as good because they come from America and they are generally inferior to our made program.

Have no idea about what you are talking about as you haven't seen these shows to comment! The US Tv series of the last 20 years have been incredible. Many shows on HBO have HUGE budgets, programs like band of brothers are truly amazing!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

How much money do Sky put into football and cricket, to name two popular sports?
How do you think they are paying £60 million in parachute payments from the Premier League next season if Sky didnt pay so much for the TV rights to show the live games?
You stick to Terrestrial and all you will see is Snooker. Whilst they spend another £500 million or whatever it was relocating everything to Salford, when what they had in London was adequate for the drivel they turn out.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

unless you only watch the Cup Final live every year, like the good old days, you are cheating people out their deserved income....shameful

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I had Sky up until 2003 and then stopped it as I didn't think it was value for money and have seen it since and not been impressed enough to start paying again but as I say it is only my opinion. I have more than enough channels to watch on freeview.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
So for those that were looking forward to finding out what they said, we get 3 pages of BBC v Sky binfest. Excellenté.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I had Sky up until 2003 and then stopped it as I didn't think it was value for money and have seen it since and not been impressed enough to start paying again but as I say it is only my opinion. I have more than enough channels to watch on freeview.

So quit your moaning and go back to freeview..

Today on a very lazy Sunday I have watched the Australian Grand (soccer) final LIVE, Bahrain Grand Prix LIVE, Spurs v Mancity LIVE and now watching Liverpool Chelsea LIVE...

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
get an xbox, get a mates logon details for sky go, pay him a bit for the that and away you go, sky on your tv

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here