Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goals on Sunday

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sounds like they might be about to cover our game (leading into the break they mentioned something about sons being like their fathers)

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Havent got Sky out of principal but wondered if it is available on the internet anywhere similar to BBC I player

I pay £97.00 a month for all my TV, phone calls and broad band. This week I am moving my living room around where the tv can be seen from the front window. You are more than welcome to come and view via my front garden given you begrudge paying for quality TV coverage.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't have sky because I begrudge the money it costs but sheesh c'mon, get real! What kind of totalitarian state do you want. If sky had to provide free to air programming then there would be no sky. We do live in a capitalist democracy remember.

I believe that what Sky provide should be provided by terrestial TV.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I pay £97.00 a month for all my TV, phone calls and broad band. This week I am moving my living room around where the tv can be seen from the front window. You are more than welcome to come and view via my front garden given you begrudge paying for quality TV coverage.
That is the difference being an OAP I pay £26 for all phone calls, broadband and have a digibox to get and record freeview, why should I pay the extra to watch perhaps 1 programme a week and possibly a football match once in a while. I cannot watch all the pograms available on free view so why add Sky.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
That is the difference being an OAP I pay £26 for all phone calls, broadband and have a digibox to get and record freeview, why should I pay the extra to watch perhaps 1 programme a week and possibly a football match once in a while. I cannot watch all the pograms available on free view so why add Sky.

Fair point but you can't watch the goals. It's just a matter of choice to be honest, and not wishing to get into any form of argument I will finish by saying have a lovely day.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Fair point but you can't watch the goals. It's just a matter of choice to be honest, and not wishing to get into any form of argument I will finish by saying have a lovely day.

Thats my point having the internet enables me to watch it without paying and while that is possible I am saving money I dont wish to spend. Thanks to those who pointed me in the right direction to stream it.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

The football league show BBC 1 will show the goals. Not sure if its on I player or catch up yet though.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We currently have the perfect system - pay through the nose if you really want Sky on your telly. Watch football later or a slightly less reliable version live if you don't want to pay.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
The football league show BBC 1 will show the goals. Not sure if its on I player or catch up yet though.

Wasn't on there an hour ago when I last looked, normally I watch it at about 8 in the morning but for some reason it wasn't on there this morning

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can anybody say that the programs shown on Sky are better than those shown on BBC or ITV just a different mix. It would be interesting if BBC or ITV dedicated one of its channels like BBC 3 or ITV 3 to sport how the subscription rate to Sky would drop.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Can anybody say that the programs shown on Sky are better than those shown on BBC or ITV just a different mix. It would be interesting if BBC or ITV dedicated one of its channels like BBC 3 or ITV 3 to sport how the subscription rate to Sky would drop.

But the bbc cant compete in the tendering process.. A dedicated bbc sports channel would consist of the boat race and the grand national being shown 24 hours a day with a dedicated 364 day london
marathon build up.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Wasn't on there an hour ago when I last looked, normally I watch it at about 8 in the morning but for some reason it wasn't on there this morning

Just so you are aware it was on early this morning, rather than late last night, therefore it is under 'today' rather than yesterday like it usually is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here