Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glorious celebratory pitch invasions

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
None at NF despite staying up and how the fvck did that happen?
Don't know, but it's not a massive moment in the club's history. We could qualify for Europe for the first time ever.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As we have a home game just a few days later, the club will be even hotter on keeping us off the pitch.
Let's hope they don't ask us before the game's over.

I'm not sure a pitch invasion is particularly warranted after losing to SCC

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Can’t stand pitch invasions - players always look nervous when it happens.

Remember being genuinely scared as a kid watching on tv when the jocks took Wembley- maybe that’s why I hate pitch invasions so much

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Saints fans wont be too happy getting relegated, all we need is a few digs something at them, a dodgy decision doesnt go their way and you have the potential for it all to kick off. I cant recall any trouble with their fans previously but you never know. The club need to stamp down on everything from persistant standing on sides and upper levels to a high steward police presence and then I think we can all hopefully enjoy the occasion without the need to invade the pitch. Its also up to the club and police to set standards in other words we must all play our part respectfully.

If we’re winning the Stains supporters will be well on their way home by final whistle.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Genuine question - has a club ever received a points deduction for a pitch invasion?

A lot of people mention it as if it’s a real possibility but I can’t recall a single time it has happened.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I dread to think of some of the posts if we do host European football next season. Can our stuffy old fan base really handle an away end packed with German or Italian ultras they aren’t like the two bob outfit up the road. Six pre match fireworks caused a stir an away end lit up and bouncing for 90 minutes will push some over the edge 🙄🤣

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I dread to think of some of the posts if we do host European football next season. Can our stuffy old fan base really handle an away end packed with German or Italian ultras they aren’t like the two bob outfit up the road. Six pre match fireworks caused a stir an away end lit up and bouncing for 90 minutes will push some over the edge 🙄🤣
“I must say, these ultra chaps are not the subtlest”

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Why risk souring a potentially historic match with a lifetime ban?
I’m sure the club will have an algorithm running on the facial recognition cameras that unless the numbers on the pitch are greater than the ST waiting list then no forget action will be taken

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Genuine question - has a club ever received a points deduction for a pitch invasion?

A lot of people mention it as if it’s a real possibility but I can’t recall a single time it has happened.
Apparently a club called Brighton did in the 90s. Never heard of them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Apparently a club called Brighton did in the 90s. Never heard of them.
That was for just happily running on the pitch then getting off, and nothing else?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The question was 'has a club ever received a points deduction for a pitch invasion?. We did.
In terms of celebratory ones, there have been a few suspended points deductions handed out in the past. It would be unwise to rule anything out. The whole subject is more sensitive since the end of last season with players being attacked - there have been lots of calls for stiffer punishments.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I want to hear reports of how the team have done not about twats that think it's ok to invade the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here