Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glorious celebratory pitch invasions

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Pitch invasion, from my back row of upper east not much chance. Got there in 2017 just as the players came out of the east players room. From back of crowd I was at the front.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Probably because if us and Manchester City win then the midweek tie is an U18s match.
We'd still need a point v City to be mathematically certain of 6th, so I can't see us going under strength for that whatever happens (other than to save players for Villa).

As for the OP, don't think the club will be happy at all if there's a pitch invasion with a game still to go. It also buggers the lap of honour for most of the fans.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Give me a realistic set of results!
When you say 'heavy'.
Irrelevant really. It's a fact, as I said, that to be MATHEMATICALLY certain of 6th we would also need a point against City. So we won't be playing the U18s.

But as you asked, the following would screw us:

A 1 goal winning margin tomorrow.
A 6 goal defeat to City, because we've been out celebrating the 'fact' 6th is in the bag.
A 5 goal collapse at Villa.

Vanishingly unlikely, but then Everton did put 5 past us and Newcastle 4...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Irrelevant really. It's a fact, as I said, that to be MATHEMATICALLY certain of 6th we would also need a point against City. So we won't be playing the U18s.

But as you asked, the following would screw us:

A 1 goal winning margin tomorrow.
A 6 goal defeat to City, because we've been out celebrating the 'fact' 6th is in the bag.
A 5 goal collapse at Villa.

A side that ships that amount of goals in two games should not be near European football anyway.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
None at NF despite staying up and how the fvck did that happen?
Great stewarding? And Police presence? Great scenes on the pitch and in the stands.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
As we have a home game just a few days later, the club will be even hotter on keeping us off the pitch.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Saints fans wont be too happy getting relegated, all we need is a few digs something at them, a dodgy decision doesnt go their way and you have the potential for it all to kick off. I cant recall any trouble with their fans previously but you never know. The club need to stamp down on everything from persistant standing on sides and upper levels to a high steward police presence and then I think we can all hopefully enjoy the occasion without the need to invade the pitch. Its also up to the club and police to set standards in other words we must all play our part respectfully.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
What are people's opinions on a "glorious" end of season celebratory pitch invasions if done in good spirits (glorious meaning all done in good nature and no silly behaviour)

Same as the recent playoffs and the outpuring of emotion at the end

"if" we manage to secure a european place tomorrow do people think they'll be another quick Amex pitch invasion before the players celebration lap or not?

UTA
Just No. Keep off the players place of work. There is no glory in it, just fuckwit attention seeking toddlers risking a points deduction and jeopardizing a place of Europe.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
But if we win tomorrow and put City to the sword on Wednesday, then we must be allowed on the pitch, Shirley :wink:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And Wednesday came from 4 down to beat Posh - that sort of shit happens, and Posh weren't even down a man.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A side that ships that amount of goals in two games should not be near European football anyway.
Didn't United lose like 7-0 to Liverpool? These things happen.

And if we qualify in 6th, with a GD 1 better than Villa, we'll strengthen in the summer - and we hopefully won't be down several players from injury and exhaustion, as we could be this week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here