Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glorious celebratory pitch invasions

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
What are people's opinions on a "glorious" end of season celebratory pitch invasions if done in good spirits (glorious meaning all done in good nature and no silly behaviour)

Same as the recent playoffs and the outpuring of emotion at the end

"if" we manage to secure a european place tomorrow do people think they'll be another quick Amex pitch invasion before the players celebration lap or not?

UTA

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Stay off the pitch, give them no excuse for a points deduction

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not totally against pitch invasions in special circumstances. I wouldn't do it, and the picture of someone who looked like me at the Wigan match was just freaky....

The problem is player safety. Too many fans act like dicks and I've seen players looking visibly annoyed by idiots jumping all over them. That was the case with one or two of our players at the Wigan game.

If folk could be sensible and give the players space, maybe. But IF Albion make it tomorrow I think it's best just to stay in the stands.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If Palace got Europe (lol) then did a pitch invasion we’d call them tinpot and demand a points deduction for it

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm not totally against pitch invasions in special circumstances. I wouldn't do it, and the picture of someone who looked like me at the Wigan match was just freaky....

The problem is player safety. Too many fans act like dicks and I've seen players looking visibly annoyed by idiots jumping all over them. That was the case with one or two of our players at the Wigan game.

If folk could be sensible and give the players space, maybe. But IF Albion make it tomorrow I think it's best just to stay in the stands.
Ok grandad

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not sure there is a more delightful sight than the end of season celebratory pitch invasions

Seeing the recent playoffs and the outpuring of emotion at the end is superb

And "if if if" we manage to secure a european place tomorrow i wonder if they'll be another quick Amex pitch invasion to mark such an incredible feat (if we win) before the players celebration lap!

UTA
Someone, somewhere (in a mustard sweater) is, as we debate on here, hammering out a sternly worded email to ALL SUPPORTERS warning that ANYONE setting foot on the playing surface will be subject to the STRONGEST POSSIBLE SANCTIONS etc

Dare to dream though - imagine around 4pm tomorrow - Dunky leading the lap of appreciation with Europa League confirmed. ****ing hell.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not sure there is a more delightful sight than the end of season celebratory pitch invasions

Seeing the recent playoffs and the outpuring of emotion at the end is superb

And "if if if" we manage to secure a european place tomorrow i wonder if they'll be another quick Amex pitch invasion to mark such an incredible feat (if we win) before the players celebration lap!

UTA
Nothing will be more delightful than this one (any excuse :lolol: )

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I disagree, those are absolutely things my grandad would say.
next you will be asking me if “I want a bunch of fives”
But do you have to be a grandad to agree with a grandad ?

Nothing wrong with a pitch invasion if people think about safety when on there.

'Bunch of fives' ? You want some, I'll give it yer.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Bring it on grandad….

Nah, let’s feel the love eh, we are about to make history hopefully tomorrow :kiss:
Totally agree, we have the whole summer to fall out over nothing in particular.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Someone, somewhere (in a mustard sweater) is, as we debate on here, hammering out a sternly worded email to ALL SUPPORTERS warning that ANYONE setting foot on the playing surface will be subject to the STRONGEST POSSIBLE SANCTIONS etc

Dare to dream though - imagine around 4pm tomorrow - Dunky leading the lap of appreciation with Europa League confirmed. ****ing hell.
Lap of appreciation after the penultimate home game?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here