Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Excuse my general ignorance here, but how does a professional footballer being paid several thousand pounds per week become Skint and almost Bankrupt?

I image is probably easy given they all have to have the best cars, biggest houses, holiday homes abroad, pools in the garden, trophy wives or wags that spend spend spend. I shouldn't imagine it's that hard at all!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Poyet is too stubborn, I don't think Murray would be accepted back by enough people. Maybe if he walked into the Amex for his first game and burnt a palace shirt, he would be.

Is he? Cos he happily took Calderon back..

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'd rather Murray back than sign someone like Kitson although the point made when he signed for Palarse applies again... he's totally unproven at Championship level.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'd have Glenn back in a shot. His hold-up play, aerial ability (both attacking and defensive) and general reading of the game are all excellent. He is just what we are looking for, really.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I'll try in simple terms

We have got better
He hasn't

Close call but a no for me

No, don't try to imply that I'm thick:lolol:

You just said Murray playing for us in the championship before, when was this ???

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'd rather Murray back than sign someone like Kitson although the point made when he signed for Palarse applies again... he's totally unproven at Championship level.

As were Noone, KLL, Navarro, Bridcutt, Calderon and many others.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No, don't try to imply that I'm think:lolol:

You just said Murray playing for us in the championship before, when was this ???

My fault, i said championship season and meant championship winning season

When we 'won' the championship, you know div3 in old money - and i certainly wouldn't imply that you were think :wink:

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
Will he make our starting XI stronger than it is now? Yes.

In which case I dont care if he comes from Palace, Barca, or Steyning Strikers. Get him in.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
With Murray the plus points out number the negative. Simple, if available sign him irrespective of who else we have up from.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Lets be honest, as much as we all want to hold a grudge against Murray, He'd be perfect in our team. We know his strengths and weakness and he was quality in our promotion season, if Murray came back I'd absolutely f***ing love it.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I would be massively chuffed with this. But knowing Palace they would want too much money as they seem to want to for all their assets.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I would absolutely LOVE it if Glenn came back, by far the most gifted striker we've had in years. He has a head on him, and would be PERFECT.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
As were Noone, KLL, Navarro, Bridcutt, Calderon and many others.

Absolutely. The difference being that they are now proven performers having made the transition from League 1 with us. With Murray we would have to pay a fee and hope he can belated make the same step up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here