Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
He's done nothing to burn his bridges though. He's still friends with many of the albion players, he came to the Amex for a visit pre last season and had was shown round, he didn't 'do a Hammond' when he scored against us, and he still lives in Brighton.

I'll agree he has done nothing to burn the bridges during his time at Palace, but going to palace is probably enough for most people to never accept him back. He wouldn't celebrate infront of us because he doesn't have the character to do so.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
He was quality for us. Every time a cross came into the box I always thought Murray would be there to meet it, whether that was in the air with a thumping header or a classy finish, and he usually was. I would take him back most definitely.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'll agree he has done nothing to burn the bridges during his time at Palace, but going to palace is probably enough for most people to never accept him back.

Let's face it, he'd have to score a lot of goals to win people round. (not that I believe for one minute he's coming back)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Disgusted at Murray , not really had many convos with anyone without the words judas / c t being spat out

that said

Would take him back

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He was quality for us. Every time a cross came into the box I always thought Murray would be there to meet it, whether that was in the air with a thumping header or a classy finish, and he usually was. I would take him back most definitely.

This.....

However.....

The Thought of having to pay Crystal Palarse money for him errks me a little. Any ideas what he would be worth anyone ?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Palace players aren't training today as they have a game later. My "source" hasn't heard anything but will see if he can find out later.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't want him back now. Not because of his abilities as a player, but I don't want us to buy a player we let go last year.

As a player, I didn't hate him. I thought the abuse he got for not waving at fans was ridiculous, and wasn't offended that he reportedly handed in transfer requests when having relationship troubles (personal or professional). But he never excited me as a footballer, and when people were raving about him I didn't see that they were seeing, their praises seemed to use more extreme versions of more appropriate words "fantastic" instead of "good" etc.

If he came back when his contract with palace expired, or on a free, I would largely be indifferent about him coming back.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Murray / CMS would work well IMHO... shame the former fcuked Gus off, so... no chance of a return IMHO...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't want him back now. Not because of his abilities as a player, but I don't want us to buy a player we let go last year.

Does that mean you also didn't want Crofts back, who was a player we let go two years ago?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5085966 said:
But we sold Crofts, whereas Muzza left on a free

Not sure what point you are making there. We let both of them go.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Wouldn't mind Murray back if CMS goes, but not as the new main striker.

I would be prepared to forgive his mistake in heading to them up the road,.... but I do wish he hadn't scored in THAT flamin game...... I like the thought of Murray and Cms however..... dream combo..... go get him Gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here