Glenn Murray please Mr Bloom....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So season 2 was 7 goals in 25 games.

I really thought he put 4 past someone.
Wycombe, 2009 ? ???

Indeed, Wycombe in season 3, I missed that when skimming over.

I took mine from soccerbase. I went season by season, not sure how you've done it?

I've gone by what is on the page in the link I provided after each season. I'm wondering if you took "starts" whereas the page I went to just shows "appearances"?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh that we had forwards with that sort of strike rate to moan about now. How fecking lazy must our current strikers be? :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Indeed, Wycombe in season 3, I missed that when skimming over.

I've gone by what is on the page in the link I provided after each season. I'm wondering if you took "starts" whereas the page I went to just shows "appearances"?

Perhaps. Both are misleading, I suppose. Appearances will include all sorts of 10, 15, 20min spells here and there. A ratio of mins/goal would be fairest and show it to be closer to 1 in 2.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Perhaps. Both are misleading, I suppose. Appearances will include all sorts of 10, 15, 20min spells here and there. A ratio of mins/goal would be fairest and show it to be closer to 1 in 2.

I might have that at home.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Tragic.
We don't want him. He's never coming back. Give it up.

As you know fella we agree on most things Albion but puzzled by this...

Why so anti-Glenn?? If it's based purely on leaving us for palace then all that came down to was £ and the fact they offered more than we could...

Based on ability he is head and shoulders above anything currently in our squad (excluding Wilson who is a different type of striker.)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I might have that at home.

I only have his last two seasons.

Murray.jpg

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Sadly he is much better than anyone we currently have. If we don't get someone at least as good we can kiss the playoffs goodbye.

I believe we'll get someone as good and younger.

As you know fella we agree on most things Albion but puzzled by this...

Why so anti-Glenn?? If it's based purely on leaving us for palace then all that came down to was £ and the fact they offered more than we could...

Based on ability he is head and shoulders above anything currently in our squad (excluding Wilson who is a different type of striker.)

Indeed we do. Mainly due to your excellent insight.
I'm not anti-Glenn per se and I meant no offence, but the club have had enough opportunities to re-sign him by now and that's not the way they've chosen to go.
Seems to me that it would serve people better to move on and desire others more realistic. Like Matt Derbyshire, obviously.
I also don't think the Glenn you'd get now would be the same one people remember so fondly.

But it's all opinions. He won't be back, though. I'm entirely confident in that assertion.

Come on, BBBW: find us another Leo.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton

Indeed we do. Mainly due to your excellent insight.
I'm not anti-Glenn per se and I meant no offence, but the club have had enough opportunities to re-sign him by now and that's not the way they've chosen to go.
Seems to me that it would serve people better to move on and desire others more realistic. Like Matt Derbyshire, obviously.
I also don't think the Glenn you'd get now would be the same one people remember so fondly.

But it's all opinions. He won't be back, though. I'm entirely confident in that assertion.

Come on, BBBW: find us another Leo.
We've found one younger improvement in 5 years. Not surprised you're so confident

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Love you to be right, track record is not good though so I have serious reservations. Just hope we don't end up with another League One striker.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Make it happen Tony :)

Glenn and Bobby rotating up top with Wilson, yes please.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I've just explained why in the other thread. He cannot play for three clubs in one season. 93 day loan only.

Exactly , even I with my incredeibly bad record on here for not spotting things has seen this more than 5 times ha ha ha

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
For whatever reason, Murray has never really 'looked' settled at DC... There was all the usual guff in the press when he got here about him 'always wanting to play for an Eddie Howe side'... blah, blah, blah but he has never really looked the part when playing in said side...

We seem to be seeing several players that have really fallen foul of Callum Wilson being out for the season... I reckon Eddie had Wilson being accompanied by the likes of Yann Kermorgant and Murray, with even the Lee Tomlin slotting in behind Wilson at times... Wilson gets injured and unsurprisingly, all 3 players have had next to no game time, as we have resorted to loading the midfield and playing 1 up front...

Both Yann and Tomlin have now gone and it sounds like there is the possibility of Murray being shipped out as well... However, I can't see it, unless we bring in another forward...

Murray does have his attributes, but they just don't fit in to the way we are setting up these days... and when he has come on, he has looked bit out of sorts...

Personally I hope he stays as he does add that different dimension to our game, but he is obviously annoyed at the lack of game time, and not surprising as well, at his age...

Maybe Murray's 'just fit' side is you guys... Anyway... good luck for the second half of the season and time to get your form back a bit... Be good to get you in the Prem also (providing of course we can stay up :) )

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Croydon Advertiser reporting that we are enquiring after Murray as a loan.

Not worth a new thread as they are a bit unreliable.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
For whatever reason, Murray has never really 'looked' settled at DC... There was all the usual guff in the press when he got here about him 'always wanting to play for an Eddie Howe side'... blah, blah, blah but he has never really looked the part when playing in said side...

We seem to be seeing several players that have really fallen foul of Callum Wilson being out for the season... I reckon Eddie had Wilson being accompanied by the likes of Yann Kermorgant and Murray, with even the Lee Tomlin slotting in behind Wilson at times... Wilson gets injured and unsurprisingly, all 3 players have had next to no game time, as we have resorted to loading the midfield and playing 1 up front...

Both Yann and Tomlin have now gone and it sounds like there is the possibility of Murray being shipped out as well... However, I can't see it, unless we bring in another forward...

Murray does have his attributes, but they just don't fit in to the way we are setting up these days... and when he has come on, he has looked bit out of sorts...

Personally I hope he stays as he does add that different dimension to our game, but he is obviously annoyed at the lack of game time, and not surprising as well, at his age...

Maybe Murray's 'just fit' side is you guys... Anyway... good luck for the second half of the season and time to get your form back a bit... Be good to get you in the Prem also (providing of course we can stay up :) )

Sounds like a typical Murray mood

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm guessing all this means the club are at the end of their target list. A '1 in 2' striker costs an absurd sum for a Second Division team these days- and it's clear the net has been thrown far and wide. It's hard enough to find available players at the right price during the summer let alone now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here