Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Legend

tumblr_inline_ml91jsAG691qz4rgp.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Christ how MOR has Glastonbury become?. This is painful, massive crowd looking very disinterested.

Maybe it will improve with some Commodores material...

They need to book some young upstarts. Maybe booking someone like Kanye West would ruffle some feathers.....oh.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
At rough count, seems to be about a hundred thousand kids with nothing better to do with their time than hang around and watch Lionel f*cking Richie. Does make you despair sometimes :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They need to book some young upstarts. Maybe booking someone like Kanye West would ruffle some feathers.....oh.[/QUOTE

Or even some who is only a couple of years past their sell by date, like ooh I don't know, Florence and the Machine maybe?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Please can somebody answer this, I'm intrigued.

Bloody good though is old Lionel.

Sound blocking screen so they can hear the mix through the monitor clearly. Or the backing track through their earpiece if using.

Sorry, not sure if it was a serious question or not, but there you go!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sound blocking screen so they can hear the mix through the monitor clearly. Or the backing track through their earpiece if using.

They're also used to screen sound to stop loud acoustic instruments like drums overwhelming other instruments on stage.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Cheers, from The Who & The Stones 30 years back to date, i've don't recall the drummer being hidden....Moon wouldn't have stood for it, I know that

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cheers, from The Who & The Stones 30 years back to date, i've don't recall the drummer being hidden....Moon wouldn't have stood for it, I know that

Charlie Watts certainly uses drum screens these days. It's fair to say they're not commonly used for gigs though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here