Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glastonbury ... from the comfort of your sofa

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Now back at work, still trying to take the whole week in. Highlights for me Alabama 3 playing an absolutely cracking set at the Glade, it's like I wrote the set for them. Mary J Blige surprised the crap out of me, expected nothing got blown away, Lionel was just mental and Patti Smith is still the greatest punk to ever live, just amazing. Finished the weekend off with Goat in the Park who were just mesmeric, loved them. Too many others to mention, another great week on the farm. Will catch up with all the stuff I didn't see on I-player this week.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Any late night shenanigans from Shangri-la, Block 9 etc to report?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They are both a complete pain now due to the huge and constant use of nos. A more tedious drug it is hard to imagine.

That's a shame as I used to really enjoy those areas, rock and roll in one bar, Detroit techno in the next, underwater cabaret followed by a Mexican fun-fair. Highlight was drinking absinthe with god whilst someone played harp to the misses.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I see (thanks for not writing grandad at the end of that sentence :smile:)

How was it overall though? Any acts to recommend?

It was excellent. I'm afraid most of my stuff is grandad stuff, even the new stuff (Sleaford Mods). I did see the best set ever from the Alabama 3 which was a treat and a visceral set from Patti Smith. Quite enjoyed Wolf Alice.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It was excellent. I'm afraid most of my stuff is grandad stuff, even the new stuff (Sleaford Mods). I did see the best set ever from the Alabama 3 which was a treat and a visceral set from Patti Smith. Quite enjoyed Wolf Alice.

Cool, glad you had fun. Patty Smith and the Dalai Lama, another example of why Glastonbury is the best IMHO.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

That Alabama 3 set was outstanding, my post gig smile stayed there for hours. Just brilliant and as for Patti, if ever someone lived up to their legend status it was her, roll on the Roundhouse in October.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
It is what it is. They are septaganians (sp?) for fark's ache.

I appreciate their age and the fact that they've been on (for them) a strenuous tour but I saw them last year at Hurtwood when they were marvellous and I just didn't think that they were on Sunday.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I appreciate their age and the fact that they've been on (for them) a strenuous tour but I saw them last year at Hurtwood when they were marvellous and I just didn't think that they were on Sunday.

Agree with that. I saw them at the 02 in March and they were much better. Townshend blaming insufficient sound check etc. but Daltrey's voice wasn't great on Sunday.

Jul 7, 2003
Just been watching the full FFS set on iPlayer. They all seem to be enjoying themselves so much you can't help but smile while watching. Hoping I will be able to see them at Albert Hall next month.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
God almighty the 'Oo are poor. Daltrey's voice is pretty much shot. Looks and sounds like a second rate tribute band and the playing is all over the place. Glad I saw them when they were good. Very disappointing

I watched a bit of the coverage last night and I suspected that the BBC altered Daltrey's voice because it was miles better than when they headlined in 2007. Still not great though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here