[Music] Glastonbury Festival 2023 - the thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Personally I thought Rick Ashley and the band playing Smith’s songs was my highlight! Shame Johnny marr didn’t join them

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Great set from Becky Hill on the Other stage

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
The two standout acts I’ve seen via the telly box are Fatboy & Rick Astley . Most of the others I’ve seen have been okish but I wouldn’t have bought tickets to see them personally based on their performance. Looking forward to Elton
Yep, and I'd like to add Cat Stevens, to those two.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
You can add Blondie to the list of bad. An even worse vocal performance than Axl.
Oi! She's doing fine. (I am of the generation who grew up thinking that Debbie would always be the coolest woman in the world and we weren't far off. She's still a close second to Kim Deal.)

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I paid no attention to glasto this year, today I've had a catch up. This would've been a good year!

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Editors storming it on Woodsies atm. Best thing I've seen so far. Not a great fan of their more recent stuff but it comes over much better live.

Not sure about covering Seal, though, when they've got a good enough back catalogue themselves.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Unfortunately tuned into the Rod Jane and Freddie banality of Cat Stevens.

My teenage years were blighted by my peers "discovering" his albums at the back their parents cupboard. The endless loop only stopping when they discovered the hard rock of Tracy Chapman and Tanika Tikaram.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports