Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury Festival 2023 - the thread

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Unfortunately tuned into the Rod Jane and Freddie banality of Cat Stevens.

My teenage years were blighted by my peers "discovering" his albums at the back their parents cupboard. The endless loop only stopping when they discovered the hard rock of Tracy Chapman and Tanika Tikaram.
My pre-teen years had Cat Stevens blaring out of my brother's bedroom and Carly Simon blaring out of my sister's room. Grim times.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Cat Stevens is 74 and yet he can still sing extremely well. I can't stand his music, but at least he can sing.
Yes but that is totally different…his voice is and always was very mellow and reserved….her voice was always heavy and raspy rock type vocals. It takes its toll as shown by Axel Rose last night( and of course the lead singer of AC/DC )

I thought she did brilliantly and if my voice is as good as that at 77 I would be ecstatic, but with most people, we all have to drop octaves the older we get.

but each to his or her ( or their) own .

Nothing to fall out over

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yes but that is totally different…his voice is and always was very mellow and reserved….her voice was always heavy and raspy rock type vocals. It takes its toll as shown by Axel Rose last night( and of course the lead singer of AC/DC )

I thought she did brilliantly and if my voice is as good as that at 77 I would be ecstatic, but with most people, we all have to drop octaves the older we get.

Nothing to fall out over
Indeed.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

Nothing to fall out over
or he could play an old clip of his old self rather than try and hit the high notes? Blondie take note

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Very hopeful for Elton’s set: strong rumours that Britney Spears is one of his four guests, she flew into Bristol yesterday. As for the other three; who knows - maybe Eminem?

Having seen Elton live a couple of times, he is outstanding on his night - and he’s one for the big occasion.
Also heard it might be Eminem and Billy Joel...

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Lil Nas X with one of the most out there sets you’ll ever see. Absolutely killing it, what a man. He’s a game changer.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Just caught some of Generation Sex set. *shudder*

Billy Idol glued to the teleprompter! Awkward.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Elton guest predictions...

Britney Spears
Rina Sawayama
Dua Lipa
Maybe Eminem or Lil Nas X or Jake Shears.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here