Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury Festival 2023 - the thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Be interesting to see who's headlining West Holt's this year. Lizzo played in 2019(or thereabouts) so won't be her I'd imagine.
Lizzo is a co-headliner according to today’s press. Not sure what this means in terms of stages though.

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
I've worked the last 11 Glastonbury's .
It is without doubt one of the best most joyous, inspirational festivals/events in the world. In all those 11 Years I barely ventured anywhere other than The Park Stage (where I work) and that alone is worth the ticket price.
I think a lot of people have an opinion based on what they read rather than on actual experience because I've never met anyone who's gone and had anything but positives to say about it.
And as for the line up announcement, that is probably only 20%, if that, of the final music line up.
Glastonbury is f****** great and long may it continue.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
PS: if you’re not there - then The BBC is broadcasting 5 stages live on iPlayer and Sounds as usual.

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
I've worked the last 11 Glastonbury's .
It is without doubt one of the best most joyous, inspirational festivals/events in the world. In all those 11 Years I barely ventured anywhere other than The Park Stage (where I work) and that alone is worth the ticket price.
I think a lot of people have an opinion based on what they read rather than on actual experience because I've never met anyone who's gone and had anything but positives to say about it.
And as for the line up announcement, that is probably only 20%, if that, of the final music line up.
Glastonbury is f****** great and long may it continue.
You must have a cracking time if you're at the Park Stage for the whole festival.

I was a first-timer last year and saw Khruangbin at the Park Stage on the Friday night. Tremendous gig! Especially with the back drop of the setting sun in the background. (I'd not heard of them before that gig!)

Oh, and Saturday night this year looks to be pretty good, with Leftfield followed by our very own Fat Boy Slim!

Last edited:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Who are The Churnups on the Pyramid stage Friday night then? Foo’s or Pulp?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
PS: Full details of the BBC Coverage (40 hours of TV coverage, 5 stages live )
via

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
You must have a cracking time if you're at the Park Stage for the whole festival.

I was a first-timer last year and saw Khruangbin at the Park Stage on the Friday night. Tremendous gig! Especially with the back drop of the setting sun in the background. (I'd not heard of them before that gig!)

Oh, and Saturday night this year looks to be pretty good, with Leftfield followed by our very own Fat Boy Slim!
As a big Khruangbin fan that gig was pretty special! Especially when Leon Bridges joined nearer the end. I knew he was playing the following day so hoped he might back an appearance. Khruangbin followed by Four Tet last year is up there with the best 3 hours I think I'll ever spend haha.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
The line up at least for me personally is quite a way off last years but so excited for it! Barry Can't Swim, The War on Drugs, Hot Chip and Warpaint are a few I'm really looking forward to. The Sunday clashes are insane with some hard decisions to be made.

This is only my third time but it really is my favourite place. To have so many like minded people in one place just having an incredible time is really special.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The line up at least for me personally is quite a way off last years but so excited for it! Barry Can't Swim, The War on Drugs, Hot Chip and Warpaint are a few I'm really looking forward to. The Sunday clashes are insane with some hard decisions to be made.

This is only my third time but it really is my favourite place. To have so many like minded people in one place just having an incredible time is really special.
Spectacularly jealous. Done Reading, Latitude, V Fest etc but never Glastonbury.

Going to get on it in a few years once kids are a bit older.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
As a big Khruangbin fan that gig was pretty special! Especially when Leon Bridges joined nearer the end. I knew he was playing the following day so hoped he might back an appearance. Khruangbin followed by Four Tet last year is up there with the best 3 hours I think I'll ever spend haha.
I really enjoyed Khruangbin at my last (ever) Glastonbury, early doors on the West Holts stage (sure it was called the Jazz World stage then). So much so I joined the short queue after, bought a cd and they all signed it. Wouldn't go again, just not up to the crowds anymore. As above, always had a good time there (litterpicking crew recent years). Avalon/Cabaret areas were always my favourites, followed by The Park Stage (one of my best memories is walking between them while Funkadelic played an extended Maggot Brain). Hope you all enjoy it this year.

Last edited:

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset

Yeah man. Looking forward to it . Love Khruangbin !

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Missed out for only the third time since 2009. To be honest the main stages do not really grab me that much this year but I will so much miss everything else. It's been a weird as I build so much of my year around this week on farm.

I hope everyone who was fortunate enough to get a ticket has an absolute blast. I'll be off to Download next week to fill the void, I can't turn down two days of Metallica!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thursday on The Wow at 0130 sounds an interesting one :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here