Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury Festival 2023 - the thread

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Not going to lie if I was to miss a year, this would not be a bad for me. Still hoping I can scrape my way in on the resale though, it is still the best festival out there.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Last year's line-up was more appealing to me, personally, so less bothered about missing 2023 right now. View might change in June, of course.

(I hope Fred Again.. is on the Pyramid)

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Last year's line-up was more appealing to me, personally, so less bothered about missing 2023 right now. View might change in June, of course.

(I hope Fred Again.. is on the Pyramid)
I hope he's not - not a fan of he Pyramid. I hope he headlines on The Other Stage when Guns n Roses or Elton John are on.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Missed out on tickets this year, so going Latitude for the first time but not sure what to expect from this.

Anyone been?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
John Peel Stage renamed Woodsies...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I hope he's not - not a fan of he Pyramid. I hope he headlines on The Other Stage when Guns n Roses or Elton John are on.
I suggested that as a TV viewer this year. He deserves the recognition and will draw a huge crowd.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
John Peel Stage renamed Woodsies...
Peel's been cancelled because he married a 15 yo in Texas when he was 25... not becuase he was a liverpool fan from stoke which is much worse

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
A bit underwhelmed but there still will be plenty on, a distinct lack of my radio 6 dad tastes. But overall it will good for most people. Its not a very edgy lineup for sure, but last time I went I think I saw one act on the Pyramid, so there will be plenty on. I do wish some of the mainstream acts festival persist with would be dumped, like Capaldi (who should be on the comedy stage) and Maneskin, they just add nothing musically to the world. Slowthai and Queens of the Stone Age are who stand out for me. Maybe I'm getting old (26, lol) but half of the acts I don't even know who they are.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A reassuringly underwhelming lineup, this may increase my hopes of success in the resale.
That is about one tenth, if not less, of the line up though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Peel's been cancelled because he married a 15 yo in Texas when he was 25...
I must have missed this bit in his autobiography.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
The thing with Glasto is that it is so vast, with so many performers that it's often the bands or performers you have never heard of that provide the best moments. There's nothing better than stumbling into one of the tented stages (which mostly have the best sound) to find it all going off to some random band.

Last year was a stinker of a line up for me on paper. None of my day to day favourites were on the bill and yet, I think it was my favourite Glasto to date. I saw so many amazing shows.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The thing with Glasto is that it is so vast, with so many performers that it's often the bands or performers you have never heard of that provide the best moments. There's nothing better than stumbling into one of the tented stages (which mostly have the best sound) to find it all going off to some random band.

Last year was a stinker of a line up for me on paper. None of my day to day favourites were on the bill and yet, I think it was my favourite Glasto to date. I saw so many amazing shows.
I have always said, if you can’t find a few bands on the full Glasto line-up to interest you…then maybe music isn’t for you.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
It's a poor line up but to be honest who goes to Glasto for the main acts anyway? All the best fun is away from the main stages and its vast depth of alternative stages and acts make it the best festival in the world by distance.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
they could have The Barron Knights and Stars-on-45 as headliners for all I give a sh|t,

Glastonbury is epic every single time because of all the rando eclectic stuff that you would never like or listen to in a million years if it wasn't happening right here, right now, with all these lovely people..,

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Never mind Appetite for Distruction could end up being recipe for disaster. If for any reason the Glasto crowd don't take to Axel Rose he'll throw a hissy fit and storm off stage

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I must have missed this bit in his autobiography.
Slightly shocked by this, he married a girl who was 15 and Peel said that she lied to him about her age and said she was 16.
Also other allegations, wow that has shocked me, and quite understandable why he did not pop any of it in his autobiography.

I think I will have to revaluate my opinion of yet another hero...
Jebus sake.

Side note: People do lie about there age and can keep it a secret, even more so back then as there was not many forms of identification as today.
Back when I met my wife she told me she was 25 as she did not want me to think she was too young and only told me when after we got married she was in fact 21, non of her friends know her actual age in this country, that is her choice.
Been married 20years now so all good.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Be interesting to see who's headlining West Holt's this year. Lizzo played in 2019(or thereabouts) so won't be her I'd imagine. Out of that lot I'd guess Thundercat, Fred Again, Amadou and Mariam, Sudan Archives and Ezra Collective are nailed on for the stage. Could imagine Leftfield headlining too. I don't find out until the end of April.
Still deciding whether or not to do it.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Be interesting to see who's headlining West Holt's this year. Lizzo played in 2019(or thereabouts) so won't be her I'd imagine. Out of that lot I'd guess Thundercat, Fred Again, Amadou and Mariam, Sudan Archives and Ezra Collective are nailed on for the stage. Could imagine Leftfield headlining too. I don't find out until the end of April.
Still deciding whether or not to do it.
Well, if you’re there, I’ll see you for a pint! 🙂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here