Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury Festival 2023 - the thread

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Id love to know what you do for a living! Genuinely intrigued (but you don't have to answer of course)... travel the country taking in football games on daily basis all season... off to Glasto... 😬
I work up in London so I can usually bounce off to non league games and I can work remotely. I get a big discount on travel because, well if you read some of my posts you can work out my job. Let’s just say while I’m elated about Europe, it will cause me nightmares in my job. My annual leave is down to the wire though I have to say after booking the European potential dates. I’m just a big believer in living life now while I’m (fairly) young, after the pandemic I realised what I missed and didn’t want to miss out in case it happened again. I always say I’m going to do less games next season, but I did 21 extra this year.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I work up in London so I can usually bounce off to non league games and I can work remotely. I get a big discount on travel because, well if you read some of my posts you can work out my job. Let’s just say while I’m elated about Europe, it will cause me nightmares in my job. My annual leave is down to the wire though I have to say after booking the European potential dates. I’m just a big believer in living life now while I’m (fairly) young, after the pandemic I realised what I missed and didn’t want to miss out in case it happened again. I always say I’m going to do less games next season, but I did 21 extra this year.
Great stuff - damn right live life while you're young.

Always jealous reading through the Glastonbury thread with a young family but hoping to go again when the kids are older!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
So you think The Churnups are Foo Fighters? Thought it may be Pulp, who I’ll see At Latitude. Interesting.
IMG_5255.jpeg

Interesting use of words at the end of the second paragraph, I reckon it’s them now. I think the 4 TBAs have been worked out now, the one at the same time as Foo fighters will be a good laugh if they don’t float your boat. Still not sure what Saturday on Woodsies is but someone seemed pretty certain it’s Hozier which is a let down.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Looked through the line-up for a friend.

Noticed that DJ ABSOLUTELY SH1T is playing The Wow - 1.30-3am, Friday morning. :ROFLMAO:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
View attachment 161892
Interesting use of words at the end of the second paragraph, I reckon it’s them now. I think the 4 TBAs have been worked out now, the one at the same time as Foo fighters will be a good laugh if they don’t float your boat. Still not sure what Saturday on Woodsies is but someone seemed pretty certain it’s Hozier which is a let down.
“Reach out”

ffs

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Looked through the line-up for a friend.

Noticed that DJ ABSOLUTELY SH1T is playing The Wow - 1.30-3am, Friday morning. :ROFLMAO:
The great thing is they are really managing expectations.

You basically can’t complain at whatever they serve up.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This is the one year I'd actually go see the headliners instead of staying in the rave tents

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Arctic Monkeys are now a doubt as Alex Turner has Laryngitis. They cancelled their Dublin gig

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I can now have my traditional gripe that the EPG listings once again tell me who is presenting each programme but not the actual artists names. For all those people who base their Glasto viewing on what Clara Amfo and Jo Whiley are introducing

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
So you think The Churnups are Foo Fighters? Thought it may be Pulp, who I’ll see At Latitude. Interesting.
I thought it was the Foo’s, kinda thing they do. I’ll be doing the same at Lattitude, looking forward to Pulp.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Churnups are 💯 the Foo Fighters.

It’s that slightly unfunny but very likeable humour of DG. He’s such a Dad.

Also they have a new album to promote.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Arctic Monkeys are now a doubt as Alex Turner has Laryngitis. They cancelled their Dublin gig
I still reckon they'll go ahead and play. I wonder if cancelling the Dublin gig was a precaution rather than anything else.

In fairness, they have been on tour constantly for the last few months with only a gap between their Asian tour and their Euro tour. They were fantastic in Hamburg.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Chemical Brothers DJ set on the massive spider stage (Arcadia) Friday night for me! as Virtual22 hoping for a full live stream or broadcast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here