Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glastonbury 2016 - line up posted, Tuesday.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The undercard as always will be excellent but seriously, are the three headliners some ironic riposte by the Eavis's to the furore Kanye's booking caused last year by attempting to book the whitest acts imaginable?

If so, it's funny and it worked.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The undercard as always will be excellent but seriously, are the three headliners some ironic riposte by the Eavis's to the furore Kanye's booking caused last year by attempting to book the whitest acts imaginable?

If so, it's funny and it worked.

Quite possibly, but having got the tedious headliner announcement out of the way it's nioce to have someone else ot talk about. Looking at this release of names The Park could be something special this year and the JP a little more interesting too.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Quite possibly, but having got the tedious headliner announcement out of the way it's nioce to have someone else ot talk about. Looking at this release of names The Park could be something special this year and the JP a little more interesting too.

Last year (my first), which I think I can safely say wasn't THAT strong in a historical context, I have never seen such quality and variety of live music programming and production in three days at any other festival I've ever been to.

The reason I won't be returning is that they don't show the same level of attention to detail to the staging of their immensely strong bill of electronic music. I found it unbelievably frustrating.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
You think that's dull, last time I went to Glastonbury The Smiths headlined.

Muse are excellent live btw.

Muse were excellent live, before their set started being padded out by the unmitigated shite* they've been peddling for about 10 years now.

Rant over.

* Apart from the one that sounds like Maiden that's quite fun in a nostalgic way.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Looking forward to seeing Beck, Explosions in the Sky, Sigur Ros, Kamasi Washington, LCD Soundsystem, Grimes, M83, Underworld, Mac Demarco and Kurt Vile.

Gutted that there's no Tame Impala, if they were going to play I expect that they would be on the poster.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not going myself but there's plenty on that line-up to amuse me for 4/5 days

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
PS: If you didn't get a ticket then BBC will again this year be streaming 6 stages live online, - full sets from pyramid, peel, other, park, introducing, and west holts (so nearly all the acts on the poster) ,nearly all those sets will then be available in full via iPlayer for 30 days and also there will hours and hours of live/highlights on 6 Music, Radio 2, Radio 1, BBC Two, Four etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ewcj5v/performances/lg49mb

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
PS: If you didn't get a ticket then BBC will again this year be streaming 6 stages live online, - full sets from pyramid, peel, other, park, introducing, and west holts (so nearly all the acts on the poster) ,nearly all those sets will then be available in full via iPlayer for 30 days and also there will hours and hours of live/highlights on 6 Music, Radio 2, Radio 1, BBC Two, Four etc.

This is actually one of the other reasons I didn't get a ticket this year. The BBC red button/ online coverage is immense. Get some beers and other sundries in and you can do the 30 minute schlep from the Park Stage to The John Peel Stage in the press of a button. God bless the license fee.

I was also in the red button coverage of The Fall last year. 'Dancing.'

Last edited:

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
This is actually one of the other reasons I didn't get a ticket this year. The BBC red button/ online coverage is immense. Get some beers and other sundries in and you can do the 30 minute schlep from the Park Stage to The John Peel Stage in the press of a button. God bless the license fee.

I was also in the red button coverage of The Fall last year. 'Dancing.'

Just a shame for Mark E that his soiled grey trousers were broadcast on the beeb, not that he'd give a flyer.

SicilianHungary

Dec 5, 2015

That's what I did last year with Belle & Sebastian and Father John Misty. Great fun, shall do it again this year.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
You think that's dull, last time I went to Glastonbury The Smiths headlined.

Sick and dull and plain they may have been (for some) but they played early evening & were not a headline act in that respect. I should know, I was there, I helped make the sandwiches....

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Sick and dull and plain they may have been (for some) but they played early evening & were not a headline act in that respect. I should know, I was there, I helped make the sandwiches....

Sorry my memory is a little hazy for some reason......I don't think I watched them either way.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Never understand how people can buy tickets when the bands are not announced yet! It is like a lottery!

With over 400 bands/acts playing you'd have to hate music to not win this lottery. It's the greatest festival on earth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here