desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Tartan paint, bubbles for spirit level and a reach around

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
We sent a lad into the local shop for a Cherry Clitoris ice lolly and he came back and said the girl said they must be Lyons Maid we on sell Walls

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
As a youngster I worked on a Deli counter and was sent for a Cheese Wire Sharpener and then as an apprentice in the Printing / Graphic Arts Trade I was sent for a box of half tone dots (maybe a bit obscure that one?)

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I got one of the young secretaries where I used to work to ring Gamely's to see if they had any Flea Circuses in stock

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I've heard many on site over the years but a personal favourite of mine many years ago was an apprentice plumber being sent off to get some ring piece lubricant. Poor sod

Top seller in Kemptown

The best I have heard is a lad who was sent to local stores for a pack of bent nails.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
The black lightbulb that darkens the room when you switch it on was the only one I have ever managed to convince someone of.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Hitched a birth on the aptly named HMS Brighton with a bunch of fresh faced cadets for my maiden voyage and the leading hand instructed a couple of lads to go to the galley and fetch a bowl of milk for the "seacat".... I remember I too busy repositioning my breckie down a rifle barrel to care about much at the time as a storm whipped up to peak at a force 9 sailing down the North sea!

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Saw a chippy apprentice sent to chandlers for a box pf nail heads

Also electricians apprentice sent foe a blue spark.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
A good one in the catering trade is send someone for a leg of salmon.

i like that

convincing the server to apologise to the customer that we have run out of 4oz burgers and will a 1/4 pounder be ok of you instead?.......... was a chuckle,sometimes you would get the added bonus of the customer asking if they were the same price before making their mind up,or even better changing their mind and ordering something different.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
a rather niaive trainee was sent to fix the phone in St Peters church, the report was "bell not ringing in tower". The vicar, bless him, actually led the lad to the tower, pulled a rope and told him he'd been had.
Another good one was sending someone to the aquarium and saying the on site contact was Mr C Lyons.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I did convince my Wife during the winter Olympics that the reason the Cross Country Skiers had rifles was because of the risk of bear attack.

Reminds me of this for some reason - a caller to Danny Baker years ago told of his girlfriend who accepted his deadpan answer, that Man Utd's Danish keeper's first name was Michael. Childish but funny.

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
In my father's first ever job as an office boy at Pontardawe steelworks he was given a wheelbarrow by the office manager and sent off to collect the flywheel for "stocktaking" As he walked through the main blast furnace unit he noiced a lot of pointing and sniggering. When he got to the end of the building the foreman pointed to the said flywheel, all 16 tons of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here