Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Giving up my season ticket.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Or maybe Paul, we live a league where we havent bought a quality first team ready goal scorer in many transfer windows to address the same problem thats been left festering for ages. Will it take Potter walking out or the half empty stadiums for you to realise the problem is nothing to do with the fans demanding anything.

Alternatively we are not in a position to shell out £30m plus £80k plus weekly money............

Bearing in mind we might be playing behind closed doors again soon the loses will be mounting up, still most fans think Uncle Tony has unlimited wealth to support this.........

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
To quote Barber today in the Athletic "Unfortunately we live in a world where instant gratification demands for instant success or winning every game"

So it's your fault, not the clubs

We've been waiting since mid September for instant gratification! While he runs the club well he doesn't half talk some nonsense at times.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The Newcastle game second half, also Everton the whole game, I just on my hands. Numb, bored, frustrated by a shit show car-crash played out in slow motion. Nothing done of note to change the game’s trajectory. No jump out of your seat moments. I’m normally a raucous, passionate, mildly aggressive supporter, but that’s so seldom these days.

Leicester and Watford were the rare exceptions, magical days, but all too rare at home over the 5 EPL seasons.

After almost 50 years of watching the game, you identify the failings with ease and potential solutions. We’re not football idiots. Transfer windows come and go.

I’m bored of the whole thing now. 4 hours trips, to watch another Albion home loss or draw, with large sums of money spent in doing so.

Count me in too, perfectly summarised me and a few other ‘lifers’ who epitomised hard core support over past 30 years. The club ought to be concerned but I doubt they are. Everything fans cite or complain about can be “justified” or stoutly “defended”, if only the team on the pitch could do the same eh?

Brighton are an incredibly boring side to watch on the whole. Can’t score. Can’t win. Dull dull dull. Nothing has changed over several seasons.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Giving up my season ticket pre covid would have been unthinkable, I would have been at a loose end on the weekend wondering what to do with myself. However, since Covid and football either being paused or fans not allowed in the stadium, I’ve learned to live without going every week. It was nice to meet up with other friends on the weekend rather than the whole day being taken up by going to the Amex.

With costs are going up everywhere, petrol, energy, food. Fans might see this as an expense they can give up and just get tickets to away games and the odd home games.

I think the club are going to need to incentivise fans to renew next year, I can’t see them justifying raising prices again. Secondly, it’s well known that fans share season tickets, so bring back the old card style ticket and ensure the ticket is used rather than empty seats constantly. Finally, I’d also like to see the club include some cup games in the season ticket, perhaps the first home game of the league and fa cup rounds as an added bonus.

Having said all this we will probably hit form when renewals come out and I’ll renew again.

I see the two direct debits going out and dream of pressing delete :lolol:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
To quote Barber today in the Athletic "Unfortunately we live in a world where instant gratification demands for instant success or winning every game"

So it's your fault, not the clubs

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

We haven't won since September and barely won or been able to score for years. All very well being in the PL but doesn't matter what division you're in; when your stats are so dull fans are gonna get very bored, especially considering the cost for the pleasure of watching a game like tonight.
Barber can do one with comments like that, tbh

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I think some of the very regular no-shows including me (must be countless thousands of us going by the glaring gaps at every single game), are wondering whether Barber will issue an ultimatum at the next renewal?

Thx. I understand. While he may issue an ultimatum I’d be surprised if he followed through (so to speak) until the waiting list was 5-8k again.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Count me in too, perfectly summarised me and a few other ‘lifers’ who epitomised hard core support over past 30 years. The club ought to be concerned but I doubt they are. Everything fans cite or complain about can be “justified” or stoutly “defended”, if only the team on the pitch could do the same eh?

Brighton are an incredibly boring side to watch on the whole. Can’t score. Can’t win. Dull dull dull. Nothing has changed over several seasons.

Barber now sticking his beak into our “instant gratification” is surprising.

I wish he’d stick to senior management.

Many lifelong supporters, here long before him and long after, go to see goals and wins. No certainties of course, but rarely winning at home as a % in seasons is painful, it’s wearing.

The vast majority have zero interest in the development squad, alleged jam in 5 seasons time or Hope Powell’s shiny new spa and office.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It does seem hard to justify splashing out £100s for a season ticket when I'm currently getting so little pleasure from going to matches. Once my youngest is old enough to go on their own/with mates I'll probably sack it off and do non-league or become an armchair fan.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not really necessary to announce your departure :shrug:

Any football fan that hasn’t come away from a match where their team has lost and said “ I’m never going again” is a liar.
Football fans have been announcing they are never going again many, many years before fans forums appeared.
I’ve lost count how many times I’ve said I’m never going again :D

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Barber now sticking his beak into our “instant gratification” is surprising.

I wish he’d stick to senior management.

Many lifelong supporters, here long before him and long after, go to see goals and wins. No certainties of course, but rarely winning at home as a % in seasons is painful, it’s wearing.

The vast majority have zero interest in the development squad, alleged jam in 5 seasons time or Hope Powell’s shiny new spa and office.

Very true. And it’s expensive too watching our paint dry. Brighton are the Farrow & Ball of a very dull ‘product’ in PL terms. Least our Sandex days did what it said on the tin. Anyway, more importantly, how you feeling today?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It will get cheaper I think. The 20 stadiums sounding like libraries most of the time indicates people are not having a lot of fun, not even those watching the top clubs. Football is only going to get duller the more teams learn from data to optimise performances, there will be less goals and more draws. I think the solution is to reduce the number of outfield players to 9 or 8 so that there's more space in the games, but that solution is probably not going to happen in an awful lot of years due to the 11 men tradition.

change the offside rule ...

don't have draws only wins or losses based on penalties or most corners or least bookings or most shots on target

put players who are booked off for 5 or 10 mins

send off players who roll around - they clearly are not injured badly cause you don't roll around if you are

the wolves player tonight who came on the pitch after falling over off the pitch , only to fall over again and then twice more should have been a forced substitute as he clearly was not fit enough to play

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Hanging on by a thread. Will renew next season as either will have survived or be in Championship in which case my 35/1 bet last week will comfortable cover the cost. But if there is no sign of progress by May 23 I shall give it up.

Some posters are equating giving up season ticket with giving up Albion. Not necessarily so, you can still buy for odd games and root for team on the others. Like many, I have a long (6 hour) round trip to home games; cant do Sundays, rarely do midweek, so my STH is only paying for 50% games and being able to get away tickets (and having been to Liverpool, WHU and Saints recently, gotta say that is sight more enjoyable than the turgid shite at Amex); need to see some sign of the mystical top 10 club appearing to continue for long.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here