Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Giving up my season ticket.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Whilst I see your point, the timing after a loss, no wins in 11, etc might not be the best time to make up your mind. I can't beat the euphoria of watching the Albion win, no matter how many Seaford Town or Newhaven games I go to.

Seeing us beat Liverpool, Man City, etc - it is beyond my wildest dreams. Things right now are pretty grim, but surely those moments of magic make it all worthwhile.

And at least we aren't Norwich.

Good point. Our group conversation came up 3 hours before tonight, how we all felt. My son has just started playing for Shoreham under 23s at 16 years old. I find myself wanting and enjoying that so much more!

If he isn't playing, I still watch when I can, and love it. Shoreham are a real community club and feel part of it. Can't get that with Brighton anymore.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Seeing about 3 wins a season takes its toll in the end

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Barber is probably booting me out of my season ticket at the end of the season anyway so for me the issue is somewhat moot.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No it's not just you , spoke to a friend today who said the last time he went to the Amex he couldn't wait to get out due to the crap atmosphere and all that

Regards
DF

It’s poor. The only unified song these days “GP’s blue and white fkn army” :tosser:

Something about the Amex NS has never quite worked. A million miles away from the big Kops being created at new or refurbished grounds, with many of the raucous fans banned in the early Amex years by an army of heavy handed stewards. Whilst other clubs weren’t so anal, turning a bit of a blind eye, encouraging the 12th man.

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
I gave my season ticket up a few years before Amex was finished, life/family and other hobbies . . . . As time went by I/we considered it, but frankly now it's the last thing I'd waste my money on. Sad to say.

When you're sitting in your seat having a conversation about anything but the football you're watching you know it's time to give it a miss imho

Regards
DF

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Before lockdown I started going to a number of games at Crawley when Brighton were playing away.

Ten minute drive, two minute walk to the stadium, POTG, decent club bar with seating mostly available.

Sure, the travel, pre match drinks with friends and easy journey home were enjoyable but without that real “investment” in the team the thrill when they scored a goal or disappointment when they conceded just wasn’t there - the match result meant nothing.

I doubt I’ll go to many matches, if any this season, but I will hang on to my season ticket next season, maybe sharing, too much time, money and effort has been spent supporting the Albion just to give it up on a whim.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Giving up too. Health is the primary reason but more and more I've found myself just not bothering. Will probably pick 5/6 home games a season with matchday tix. Biggest miss will be away games, will have to find creative ways to get to one or two

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Going to the Amex feels more like going on a school trip with everyone having to be on their best behaviour. Nothing like the football experience was back in the day

If people want to pay the best part of £75-£100 a time to experience the same sterile atmosphere and boring shite served up each time then fine, but count me out!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Very rarely scoring, very predictable football (bar the odd game where we look brilliant, usually against the top teams) and results over what feels like years now, barely any 3pm Saturday ko times, sanitisation of the upper echelons of football, and of course covid... I mean, its really not surprising that many are feeling like this.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Outside Toilets
Fish and Chips in newspaper
Three TV Channels
White dog poo
Shops closed Wednesday afternoon
Wimpy
Smoking in restaurants
The Two Ronnies
etc...

Whatever happened to white dog shit? swear Ive not seen it since the 80's.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When you're sitting in your seat having a conversation about anything but the football you're watching you know it's time to give it a miss imho

Regards
DF

When you're sitting in your seat having a conversation about anything but the football on a football forum of a team that isn't even your 'first', it could be time to leave that forum.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Giving up too. Health is the primary reason but more and more I've found myself just not bothering. Will probably pick 5/6 home games a season with matchday tix. Biggest miss will be away games, will have to find creative ways to get to one or two

I have no idea how to get tickets for an away game these days. Last time I went you just turned up . . .unless it was a biggie, like HEreford.

I'm passed jumping over fences/gates.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Whatever happened to white dog shit? swear Ive not seen it since the 80's.

Pretty sure it was something they put in the doggy food.

All of us 70s kids remember it.

Only middle class dogs shat brown.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here