Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gillingham game might be OFF

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think the club need to send somebody to the Little Chef, to trouser all the little packets of salt, from every table. That should sort it.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Might the STANDS not be an issue with ICE rather than the frozen pitch being a problem?

They might - depends on how quickly the air temperature rises. Also if we get a breeze it will allow the cold air at ground level to be moved and melt the frost quicker.

As things stand there is still a swathe of England (including down here) with temps at or just below freezing - see here http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just to report that there is no frost in the midlands.

sorry you got such a slating DP - seemed a reasonable post to me:D

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Sunny at the moment and nice looking green grass outside my window in BN21...

Yoda

English & European
Can people remember it's not just going to be the pitch conditions that we have to be worried about. 5000 of us (if it is sold out) have to walk along the track to get into the south stand. As I said last night, the track at Worthing was an ice rink well before 19:00 when I got there to train.

The big question for tonight could be, 'Is it safe for the fans?'

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Can people remember it's not just going to be the pitch conditions that we have to be worried about. 5000 of us (if it is sold out) have to walk along the track to get into the south stand. As I said last night, the track at Worthing was an ice rink well before 19:00 when I got there to train.

Are you saying that, from the North stand, I could be enjoying a view of 5000 people slipping and sliding around?? Like the Keystone Cops or something?

Man alive, this is going to be BRILLIANT.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Yes, and I've tried to explain that the weather today will be very different from that we've experienced over the last week or so... for example, we will not have a frost tonight, so the track will only improve over the course of today, especially if we get temperature of +7C as forecast today.

It should be fine for everyone tonight, supporters & players.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
There is going to be a pitch inspection at 2.30pm.

Presumably there will also be a track and stands inspection at the same time.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
:ohmy:In Lewes, no sign of the mist or frost lifting. If it is the same in Brighton then I think the game is in doubt.:down:

Current temperature in Brighton is -2C and falling according to BBC weather station.

PG

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
:ohmy:In Lewes, no sign of the mist or frost lifting. If it is the same in Brighton then I think the game is in doubt.:down:

PG

That is the big risk, with Withers in the middle of a lovely foggy valley as it is... It should clear reasonably soon though.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
BITCH inspection 10.30

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here