Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gillingham game might be OFF

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Some people are being a bit harsh on DP here I think. As he said he's only passing on what he's heard.

And others have helpfully posted the weather forecast to show that opinion could well be wrong.
It's up to everyone who wants to go to check before leaving rather than relying on Nsc and someone's opinion.

D

Deleted User X18H

At this momment in BN1 it is starting to frost up our Sainsburys delivery man nearly went careering down The Drove and when I came past Withers on the train it looked like the covers were on at least some of the pitch............but I would say it may be in doubt if we get a cold one tomorrow

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
its very icy out there now (just over steered my car round the corner near my house, most fun), but a good day of Sun on the pitch will cure any frost...if it gets that much sun in that dip that is? not sure, either way the game should be on and YES I am (soon to be) an expert :D

Yoda

English & European
It all depends on how much the pitch recovers over the course of tomorrow after tonights frost. Remember, it doesn't get any sun on it during the winter.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Met Office website says 8C at 6pm tomorrow evening and 3C overnight for Brighton, so looks good to me.

Exactly. Same as last Friday. Weather takes a turn for the better on the day of the match. Club definitely riding its luck in that respect at the moment. About as ideal conditions as you could ever hope for in December.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Apparently if the game had been today, the match would have been off as the pitch was frozen solid.

Fortunately it looks like it's warming up

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I believe that some Uberfans in the form of Ernest and Sarah Watts have agreed to be heavy rollers and will be used on the pitch today to fully flatten it, reducing the chances of it being rutted and therefore called off.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
As I live about 30 yards from the ground, I thought I would chip in with my pennies worth.

All the pavements are frosted over, the 27 Bus is still running and that has to go up the silly hill.

It was colder yesterday than today, and the covers were still up this morning. The grass in Surrenden Field has a layer of frost over it, but the ground is not solid.

I know I didnt speak to the club's kit man so I have no authority to say if the game is on or off, but those were just my findings

Thank You Please x

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Surely the best advice for any fans that have to travel, would be to ring the club, if anyone takes complete information from a message board as to what is happening, they must be mad.

As much as there is alot of good genuine information given by the good members of NSC, there is also alot of rubbish information as well, (i am not saying DP information is rubbish by the way!)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
As I live about 30 yards from the ground, I thought I would chip in with my pennies worth.

All the pavements are frosted over, the 27 Bus is still running and that has to go up the silly hill.

It was colder yesterday than today, and the covers were still up this morning. The grass in Surrenden Field has a layer of frost over it, but the ground is not solid.

I know I didnt speak to the club's kit man so I have no authority to say if the game is on or off, but those were just my findings

Thank You Please x

Good enough for me

also walked across a pitch this am which whilst frozen again wasnt solid so should be no worries come K.O , Be cold in the stands though !!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have just had a phone call from a worried viewer from Brighton who has heard that there is a very heavy frost coming.
Well Mrs Smith you have no need to panic its going to be a lovely evening.

Michael Fish

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It should be fine. As Mendoza has pointed out, it hasn't actually been that cold overnight. People have been swayed by the heavy frost, but that is more of a reflection of the moister air that is drifting up from the south over the last few days than a really cold night. The lowest temp I recorded last night was only just below freezing (-0.5C) in Worthing, and with the temps forecast to be well above freezing today (as long as the fog clears) it should melt quite readily.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here