Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gigs in Brighton General Thread

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I didn't bother with beach house at the haunt as tbh thoroughly disappointed by the new album, teen dreams far superior (will keep the glastonbury park gig as their perfect moment for me). What's sticky mikes like as venue? Very tempted by yeti lane but not sure if my tinnitus can stand a loud band in a tiny venue any more :(. Also tempted by the felice brothers at the haunt although again the new album is their weakest and the haunt has very poor sight lines. Other than that i can't wait for terry reid at komedia, one of my all time heroes and a must for any late 60's/early 70's rock fans.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I didn't bother with beach house at the haunt as tbh thoroughly disappointed by the new album, teen dreams far superior.

To be fair, you woudn't have had this choice since tickets for the gig sold out long before anyone had heard the new material. I've been a bit disappointed by Bloom as well but having heard the songs live I think it will grow on me. Never going to top Teen Dream though.

Oct 2, 2008
Amazed to see Aussie legend Paul Kelly playing The Komedia at the end of August. He must be used to playing bigger venues that that. At £12 its a crime to miss. I`ll be there.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Genuinely, why on earth do you think that? They have immense talent, they must have to get to the position they have done. No amount of marketing could push them to 14 years of success and sell-out tours.

Westlife have had more UK number ones than all artists in history with the exception of the Beatles and Elvis. You don't get that at 'Tha Haunt'.

I don't think you will ever get it, your mindset will just not allow it, give up, you will never understand. Just enjoy your marketed boy bands.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
A couple of good 'uns Saturday evening.

Three Trapped Tigers headline the annual Nice Weather For Airstrikes Festival, this year moving out of the Druids Head pub and onto The Level for the first time. Saturday 26th nwfafestival

The supporting cast starts from 6 pm.Fans of Battles & HEALTH should really get something from them. It's FREE so on a beautiful evening you have no excuse. Here's some live footage of Three Trapped Tigers

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself..

Unfortunately, I'll have to probably miss them to catch San Francisco's prolific garage rockers Thee Oh Sees.

Thee Oh Sees s definitive gig guide

Ruby Go Home by Thee Oh Sees live

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

£10 on the door, downstairs at the Hydrant and I reckon it will probably sell out. They were great there this time last year.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here