Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gigs in Brighton General Thread

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Got tickets for Patti Smith in September, Frank Turner in November and will be at The Wedding Present in august.

After finally getting my life sorted out I'm looking forward to resuming my gig going career. Tempted by Gary Numan at the weekend, amazingly there are still tickets left.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Went to see Beans on Toast at The Hope last night. He was very entertaining and I would recommend catching him if you can. He is back in Brighton shortly at The Hanging Gardens of Brighton festival on May 26th. Of the 4 bands also playing my favourites were The Killing Fields of Ontario who were very pleasant in an alt-country folk-rock kind of way.
Next up Go Sailor/The Smittens/A Fine Day for Sailing/Fulhast at The Green Door Store on July 11th

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
As the Albion Roar takes its summer break....(well Al is taking a summer break) I will be putting on a show called 'this is rock & goal' where we will be featuring as much local music as poss as well as discussing whatever is happens in the football world ( apparently there is some sort of tournament going on!!)

the first show is next week featuring Pat 'the shred' Heath from local rock heroes Furyon who incidentally are playing the haunt on the 22nd June

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
As the Albion Roar takes its summer break....(well Al is taking a summer break) I will be putting on a show called 'this is rock & goal' where we will be featuring as much local music as poss as well as discussing whatever is happens in the football world ( apparently there is some sort of tournament going on!!)

the first show is next week featuring Pat 'the shred' Heath from local rock heroes Furyon who incidentally are playing the haunt on the 22nd June

Good shout, anyone who likes rock should get down to the Furyon show, it looks like this could be a big year for them. Superb band.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Went to see Beans on Toast at The Hope last night. He was very entertaining and I would recommend catching him if you can. He is back in Brighton shortly at The Hanging Gardens of Brighton festival on May 26th. Of the 4 bands also playing my favourites were The Killing Fields of Ontario who were very pleasant in an alt-country folk-rock kind of way.
Next up Go Sailor/The Smittens/A Fine Day for Sailing/Fulhast at The Green Door Store on July 11th

I saw Beans on Toast headline The Hope a number of months ago. I really liked him. He's good fun.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm sure there'll be a few NSCers at The Haunt next Friday for the last of British Sea Power's Krankenhaus nights - always get a fair smattering of Albion fans there!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
On sale today, at dome

Coming up:- PIL, Patti Smith, Alabama Shakes...and Dexys. It's all seated, and I'm in row B. Can't wait
Did anyone else see them at Shepherds Bush a couple of weeks ago? Emotional. First time I'd seen them since 1983ish, and they still believe in their soul...

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
:laugh:
the majority of the population of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland will continue to enjoy the very best the country has to offer.

If you believe that the majority of the population get it correct every time, then you must also believe that 'The Sun' and 'The Daily Mail' are the two best newspapers in the country and X-Factor is one of the best tv programmes!?

Westlife! :facepalm:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
British Sea Power at The Haunt 1st June
Gary Numan at Dome 3rd June
Future Of The Left at The Haunt 13th June
Thats it so far for next month.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I went to see Westlife at the O2 last night. You'll have to move quick if you want to catch them as it's the Farewell Tour, and unfortunately they're not coming to Brighton (no proper bands do). But if you are happy to spend an hour on the train, a feast of legendary 90s and 2000s chart toppers awaits. The boys opened with What About Now before performing an encore of World Of Our Own and Flying Without Wings. Of course, they left to a standing ovation from the 16,000-capacity audience, many of whom were noticeably in tears at some of the heartbreaking goodbye videos Nicky, Kian, Shane and Mark had filmed for the big screens. Despite previous reports, I found the O2 to have a decent atmosphere and good acoustics. I'm not one for standing up or getting too close to any of my fellow fans, so the laid-back nature and comfortable seats were just the ticket. It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for in this game. 9.5/10.

and what has that got to do with Brighton? even better you cough on here to going to see Westlife !!!

While people like you lot wank yourselves silly over standing in a grotty little club in Brighton watching some no-mark smash the hell out of some drums just because you think making a dreadful racket is trendy, the majority of the population of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland will continue to enjoy the very best the country has to offer.
That still doesn't make Westlife a proper band. They are the front men for a marketing organisation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here