Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Ghostbusters 2016

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Phil Williams interviewed the irate former Grimsby MP, Austin Mitchell, about the representation of his town in SBC's new film.

First question:-

PW - Austin have you actually seen the film?
AM - No.

To my amazement the interview continued and Austin Mitchell remained angry throughout. :shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry, just popped on as distraction from work, thought I'd said the original would continue to exist unaffected by the remake, to which you replied no it won't. Sorry, long week.

:thumbsup: no worries fella.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
This is TERRIBLE, they've RUINED Ghostbusters :down:

No, they haven't. At all. Ghostbusters still exists and you can still watch it and it will be the same as it always was.

Personally I can't wait. I wore my Ghostbusters VHS out when I was a kid, to say it's my favourite film would be an understatement and I'm totally in for more Ghostbusters.

I like the colour palette they've gone for as well. That shot of Ecto-1 at night was beautiful.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good to see Melissa Mccarthy presumably reprising her role as 'fat woman that farts and falls over and makes jokes about poo and bums and stuff' for the 46th time. So funni, u go girl!!!!! Lol xx
She got $14m for it, so I imagine she's going.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They are throwing $ 154 000 000 at it, It might be ok, after all everyone has written it off, er, without actually seeing it. Ghostbusters was good but Gremlins at the same time was and always will be much superior, as were their comparable sequel's

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ouch. This looks painfully bad. If you're going to wait 30 years and spend millions of quid at least have stab at trying to recapture some of the original magic. Hopefully this will and that unfunny, fat ****er's career. The slightly boggle eyes , skinny one would probably get it though, she'd be freaky in the sack I reckon. But the film? It'll be shit and nobody will go to see it except 6 year olds which is why it will make a shit load of money.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Although I like the comedy of the actors in this film, the comedy is nothing like that of the original two, which is what made them so great. So, they should've just left it really. Why did it have to be an all female cast? Sexist.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
All the grit and scariness is gone. Instead of making a proper Ghostbusters film, they've just used its iconography to construct a throwaway vehicle for Melissa McCarthy. And it looks more like the live action Scooby-Doo films than Ghostbusters, only with fewer laughs.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Talking of remakes, i wonder what the remake of The Black Hole will be like? This film made a great impression on a 7 yo me, more so than Empire Strikes Back. very underrated film by Disney, oddly not available on Blu-ray.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I've just watched the original on kodi, because when I watched it years ago, I didn't really appreciate it. This time however, I realised that I didn't appreciate it before because it is absolute shite. Surely the remake can't be any worse.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
All the grit and scariness is gone. Instead of making a proper Ghostbusters film, they've just used its iconography to construct a throwaway vehicle for Melissa McCarthy. And it looks more like the live action Scooby-Doo films than Ghostbusters, only with fewer laughs.

Grit and scariness?:laugh:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've just watched the original on kodi, because when I watched it years ago, I didn't really appreciate it. This time however, I realised that I didn't appreciate it before because it is absolute shite. Surely the remake can't be any worse.
The forum's turning into a bunch of sad old men with nostalgia.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
What a massive load of cock.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
No, they haven't. At all. Ghostbusters still exists and you can still watch it and it will be the same as it always was.

Personally I can't wait. I wore my cock out when I was a kid, to say it's my favourite film would be an understatement and I'm totally in for more Ghostbusters.

I like the colour palette they've gone for as well. That shot of Ecto-1 at night was beautiful.

Edited for you :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here