Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Ghostbusters 2016

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Frag me rucked, that looks horrendous. I'm not bothered about staining the reputation of the original. That was muddied with the awful Ghostbusters 2. From that clip, the graphics look horrid, and if they've picked out some of the best jokes to advertise it then it might be a laughterless 2 hours. Still, if they've not intended to make it for those who knew the original, it could be a successful enough bit of throwaway pap.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Are they not in it at all?

for me the game they made a few years ago is Ghostbusters 3

There have been reports that they're all making cameos, well the three that are still with us. Perhaps Ramis will be there in a photo or something.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There have been reports that they're all making cameos, well the three that are still with us. Perhaps Ramis will be there in a photo or something.

I hope not. They need to steer WELL clear of this rancid steaming great turd that's about to splatter our screens.
I can't believe they haven't got Murray, Aykroyd, Weaver and Moranis back together to do this properly. It'd be a MASSIVE moneyspinner, even if it wasn't very good. This though....wow. It looks indescribably terrible.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I've learned not to really pay much attention to trailers.

Which is lucky, because if I did, I wouldn't be going to see this film.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I hope not. They need to steer WELL clear of this rancid steaming great turd that's about to splatter our screens.
I can't believe they haven't got Murray, Aykroyd, Weaver and Moranis back together to do this properly. It'd be a MASSIVE moneyspinner, even if it wasn't very good. This though....wow. It looks indescribably terrible.

Bill Murray is definitely in it. Rumours are he plays a skeptic/debunker type character, but whatever the role is he has confirmed he's there.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bill Murray is definitely in it. Rumours are he plays a skeptic/debunker type character, but whatever the role is he has confirmed he's there.

Which is ridiculous in itself then. Because he is Doctor VENKMAN (that's right boys).

If you're going to have the very actor who played the much-loved leading character in the brilliant original, then WHY, in the name of all that is FRICK, would you have him playing someone else ?

The more I learn of this catastrophic reboot, the more I despise it and everything it stands for.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Which is ridiculous in itself then. Because he is Doctor VENKMAN (that's right boys).

If you're going to have the very actor who played the much-loved leading character in the brilliant original, then WHY, in the name of all that is FRICK, would you have him playing someone else ?

The more I learn of this catastrophic reboot, the more I despise it and everything it stands for.
I'm not as angry about it but I completely agree with the sentiment.

Mind you I haven't actually been able to bring myself to watch the trailer yet.....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not as angry about it but I completely agree with the sentiment.

Mind you I haven't actually been able to bring myself to watch the trailer yet.....

If you had any fondness for the original, then do yourself a favour - just don't.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RemakeCameo

http://filmschoolrejects.com/features/6-great-remakes-cameos-from-the-original-movies-stars.php

I LOVE the original. One of the great film experiences of my childhood. Cheers for the advice.

I'm sure you'll find watching the trailer, or even the entire movie, won't have any impact on the original.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm sure you'll find watching the trailer, or even the entire movie, won't have any impact on the original.

No, it won't (and having seen the trailer, I doubt very much I'll watch the film, certainly not in the near future anyway).

For me, it just represents a massive missed opportunity to reprise a true old favourite of mine. They could have done something great. Instead...they gave us this.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No, it won't (and having seen the trailer, I doubt very much I'll watch the film, certainly not in the near future anyway).

For me, it just represents a massive missed opportunity to reprise a true old favourite of mine. They could have done something great. Instead...they gave us this.

Yes, they've given us this. What has it done to the original? Has it removed scenes from it? Have they gone back and CG versions of the new cast into the old one? Has it led to every copy in exisence mystruiously disappearing?

No. Of course not. The original film exists in exactly the same state as it was before. You can sit back and watch it without any concern over this new one or what could have been (and of course, still can be if the people involved so choose).

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
If it's a reboot, why does it say 30 Years Ago at the beginning of the trailer. That means this is part of the same Ghostbusters universe which means it's a sequel. Then it shows them inventing proton packs.

I have no idea what is happening.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Yes, they've given us this. What has it done to the original? Has it removed scenes from it? Have they gone back and CG versions of the new cast into the old one? Has it led to every copy in exisence mystruiously disappearing?

No. Of course not. The original film exists in exactly the same state as it was before. You can sit back and watch it without any concern over this new one or what could have been (and of course, still can be if the people involved so choose).

pretty spot on - let's not forget Ghostbusters 2, not very good by any margins and with Ackroyd and Ramis writing it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

If you read my post, I've agreed with you. I'm well aware it won't affect the original one iota, I'll still love the original film just as much as I always have.

It just pisses me off that they've done a new one, and managed to make it utter shit. And no, I haven't seen it yet obviously, but its abundantly clear from the trailer that it is complete sputum. Sadly if they were ever going to actually do a proper reboot with Venkman, Stanz, Dana and Tully, then I think it would've happened by now. Like I said, instead we got this.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If you read my post, I've agreed with you. I'm well aware it won't affect the original one iota, I'll still love the original film just as much as I always have.

It just pisses me off that they've done a new one, and managed to make it utter shit. And no, I haven't seen it yet obviously, but its abundantly clear from the trailer that it is complete sputum. Sadly if they were ever going to actually do a proper reboot with Venkman, Stanz, Dana and Tully, then I think it would've happened by now. Like I said, instead we got this.

Sorry, just popped on as distraction from work, thought I'd said the original would continue to exist unaffected by the remake, to which you replied no it won't. Sorry, long week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here