Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting to Falmer

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I would rather drive then I get the freedom to go/leave when I want which with kids is kinda needed

100% agree. But unfortunatley Falmer is not going to be particularly travel-friendly with regard to parents with younger children. It's gonna be a mass stampede after the game to the bus or train queues and survival of the fittest. Not pleasant for small kids.

If I were you I'd take the kids to Crawley for the football until they are a bit older.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Join the Esporta Gym and club £50 pm use it if you like but park there sat morn swim with the kids, have a nice lunch in their bar then walk 5 mins up the road to the match

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
drive to wilde park or moulscombe, then walk up the a27 trying not to get run over :)

or

go and visit some inmates in lewes prison and use their car park - hitchhike from there up the a27.

teleport?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Join the Esporta Gym and club £50 pm use it if you like but park there sat morn swim with the kids, have a nice lunch in their bar then walk 5 mins up the road to the match

£600 pa is a bit steep for a parking spot for 20 odd home games, but if you intend to use the gym and other facilities too it would make it a bit more palatable.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Hop aboard one of the buses that will run from all large towns in the area.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It's not the getting there that is an issue.

It's the getting away afterwards.

Zabadda

Jun 29, 2008
yeh i can get there early to avoid the rush with the kids but its leaving with everyone at the same time that will not be fun.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i'd plump for train to Lewes and change back to Falmer, as i expect there will be alot fewer people than going via Brighton. Or indeed drive to and park in Lewes. (stop laughing... im sure theres some parking left)

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
i'd plump for train to Lewes and change back to Falmer, as i expect there will be alot fewer people than going via Brighton. Or indeed drive to and park in Lewes. (stop laughing... im sure theres some parking left)

I presume Moulsecoomb and Coldean will be pretty severely restricted, but I wonder if they will do the same in Lewes, particularly in Southover, which I'm currently thinking is the best option for me. All parking near the station in Haywards Heath is limited to 2 hours maximum from Monday to Saturday. Can go to Three Bridges I suppose, but considerably less convenient. Park and ride is okay, but isn't there a time limit after games? Maybe there won't be at the racecourse, but I'm pretty certain there is at Mill Road. I tend to go and have a few drinks with mates.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It's not the getting there that is an issue.

It's the getting away afterwards.

You think its going to be bad ?

I'll probably have a pint afterwards for the Saturday games.

Mid week could be interesting.

Also bound to be a bit of trouble with away fans at the station as everyone will be going the same way at roughly the same time.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I am hoping there will be coaches from places like Chichester,going to the ground.

Southern Toon

Aug 6, 2010
I would rather drive then I get the freedom to go/leave when I want which with kids is kinda needed
Get yourself a caravan & drive down to stanmer park(5 mins from ground).Park wherever you like no charge to pay,Maximum stay 6 weeks.Go & enjoy the game & when your ready to leave dump your rubbish on the floor,Those nice people from the council will come & pick it up free of charge.And the best bit is you can return as many times as you like.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I cant see Saturday games being that bad. Im sure a vast majority of fans will take full advantage of the notion that the concourse bars will be open after full time. Id sooner stay in the ground for an hour or so supping a couple of pints then spending that time queing for a train.

Im sure quite a few fans will have the same outlook too. Although as stated above midweek games could prove to be a bit of a nightmare.

Whats the score with Falmer Station? How many platforms will it have once all the work on it is complete? They need to have a train Brighton bound every 5-10 minutes realistically. Otherwise its going to be a nightmare.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
The number 25 bus should come into its own when the Amex opens, and I should think they will put on some of the Boris reject bendy buses, but they are not a lot of use to those of us who don't want to go to Brighton. Maybe buses to Lewes will increase.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here