Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting to Falmer

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I'm pretty sure you can park all day on lindfield road after 10am?

Not sure where you mean by Lindfield Road (West Common, which leads from Lindfield to HH, is yellow lines I think and would not be especially safe to park on). The roads I used to use (Mill Green Road, Queens Road, and Sydney Road) have had their maximum time cut from 4 to 2 hours, which is not much use on a Saturday, and the whole Lucastes Estate has yellow lines.

Hassocks to Falmer is the way forward. I don't think the car park costs money at Hassocks on Saturday (I could be wrong though)

I think you could be right there, so long as Southern don't decide to start charging on a Saturday as well.

P and R would be fine for me for evening games, but not for Saturdays when I shall want to go for a drink, unless I can get into Mithras House, but I suspect that will be full rather early. Still, I shall experiment and find out what works best for me. My excitement at the stadium outweighs any worries over inconvenience getting there. Getting 22,000 people to a stadium is always going to be tougher than 6000.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just out of interest, how do other similar sized grounds with similar road and rail links deal with transporting their supporters home?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here