Getting to Falmer

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I cant see Saturday games being that bad. Im sure a vast majority of fans will take full advantage of the notion that the concourse bars will be open after full time. Id sooner stay in the ground for an hour or so supping a couple of pints then spending that time queing for a train.

Im sure quite a few fans will have the same outlook too. Although as stated above midweek games could prove to be a bit of a nightmare.

Whats the score with Falmer Station? How many platforms will it have once all the work on it is complete? They need to have a train Brighton bound every 5-10 minutes realistically. Otherwise its going to be a nightmare.

I understand the station will have 8 platforms when the work is finished and there will be a train to Brighton every 2 minutes :lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Whats the score with Falmer Station? How many platforms will it have once all the work on it is complete? They need to have a train Brighton bound every 5-10 minutes realistically. Otherwise its going to be a nightmare.

the score with Falmer station is that it will not be changed (bar an extension?) and the line already has trains going through every 10 minutes with unlikly any ability to increase capacity. i think bus/coaches will be used heavily to shuttle people back into Brighton/Hove/HH and other towns with substantial support.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
FFS what's the matter with some of you on here?

We've waited umpteen years for a new stadium, which will much better than we could ever have imagined, and all you do is moan. Most of the new grounds are set in the middle of nowhere. falmer has road and rail links.

Maybe we should only have built a stadium for 6,000 so we could all leave 5 mins before the end and get home intime for Final score?

Quit the moaning, things will settle after a few games and maybe those that find going to a new stadium with 20,000 others is not quite their thing can go back to their armchairs.

personally i reckon i'll hang around and use the facilities after the game before chosing wether to train, bus or stroll back to Brighton. And i'll never stop being greatful for having just about the BEST football stadium ever.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun

We've waited umpteen years for a new stadium, which will much better than we could ever have imagined, and all you do is moan. Most of the new grounds are set in the middle of nowhere. falmer has road and rail links.

Maybe we should only have built a stadium for 6,000 so we could all leave 5 mins before the end and get home intime for Final score?

Quit the moaning, things will settle after a few games and maybe those that find going to a new stadium with 20,000 others is not quite their thing can go back to their armchairs.

personally i reckon i'll hang around and use the facilities after the game before chosing wether to train, bus or stroll back to Brighton. And i'll never stop being greatful for having just about the BEST football stadium ever.
Well said Freddie. :thumbsup:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Cheers.

I hope those who had to wait awhile on leaving Villa Park will remember not to bother next time we get a big away tie too.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
The best way, particularly with 2 under 10s, would be to drive to the stadium. But you won't be permitted to do that. So you have a choice of either bus or train.

But don't worry. After a couple of games the post-match travel enduro-experience will probably put your youngsters off going anyway. :thumbsup:

Have I missed something, I'm in Crawley too - is there no car Park at the Ground at all? :ohmy:
I was planning to drive all the way? :facepalm:

Have I missed something, I'm in Crawley too - is there no car Park at the Ground at all? :ohmy:
I was planning to drive all the way? :facepalm:

There will be lots of car parking near the stadium, but not enough for everyone who might wish to have a space. It will therefore be rationed - by price and by a requirement to produce several travel vouchers when you pre-book your space.

Cars coming from Crawley would be better served by using the Mill Road park and ride site.

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
i'd plump for train to Lewes and change back to Falmer, as i expect there will be alot fewer people than going via Brighton. Or indeed drive to and park in Lewes. (stop laughing... im sure theres some parking left)

This will be the one and only time I expect to agree with Beorhthelm .. So don't get too excited. Less people traffic on the Falmer to Lewes train after the game. But parking near Lewes station would be a challenge if Lewes are playing at home.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Must admit I tend to agree. For the moment I've stopped worrying about ticketing, transport, real ale bars etc - my excitement about the new ground far outweighs all the petty reservations I've got. I'm sure there will be teething problems, specifically with the trains, and I'm also sure that this 'staying behind for a pint' lark isn't going to be the pleasant experience that some seem to think it will be (10,000 or so people all wanting to get served at the same time), but at the moment I don't give a shit. Just so long as they keep the travel voucher (which I can now finally make use of) I'll be happy!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Bit OTT, Freddie. It's a new stadium, throwing up different travel issues. If you can't talk about it on here, where can you?

I, also, would much rather do the hour's drive with my young daughter and park at the stadium, if I can't do that I'll have to find an alternative, and if I don't think the alternative is child-friendly then I'll give it a miss. There's nothing wrong with highlighting these issues, we presumably want to make it as easy as possible for as many different sections as possible. Not everyone lives in Brighton or is buying platinum seats.

I think you're idea that because we've got a nice new stadium no one is allowed to comment on any aspect of it from here on in is as unhelpful as moaning for the sake of it.

I'll certainly be interested to see if this drinking in the ground afterwards catches on, just can't see it myself. If you want a drink with your mates, you'll go to your favourite Brighton watering hole, won't you?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Its not particularly moaning, its just excitement and any conversation involving falmer us Brighton fans love to chip in

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
But don't worry. After a couple of games the post-match travel enduro-experience will probably put your youngsters off going anyway. :thumbsup:

Only you could get 'upset' by something at Falmer before it's even opened :jester:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There will be lots of car parking near the stadium, but not enough for everyone who might wish to have a space. It will therefore be rationed - by price and by a requirement to produce several travel vouchers when you pre-book your space.

Cars coming from Crawley would be better served by using the Mill Road park and ride site.

Hey lord B - What about people coming from our neck of the woods? Has it been confirmed as Park & Ride at Lewes yet?

Thanks Sir. :)

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I'm certainly not moaning about the stadium - the fact you won't be able to park there unless you fulfil numerous conditions is not the club's fault. The people my beef is with is those who make it inconvenient to park around stations (no, I don't want to pay £5 into Southern's coffers, I already pay them over £2000 for a season ticket). For me the most convenient way to get to Falmer would be train from Haywards Heath to Lewes, then on to Falmer. However, some clever person at MSDC or WSCC has decided to make it impossible to park within walking distance of HH station. Fine, on a Monday to Friday I can understand it, but on a Saturday? Do me a favour.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm certainly not moaning about the stadium - the fact you won't be able to park there unless you fulfil numerous conditions is not the club's fault. The people my beef is with is those who make it inconvenient to park around stations (no, I don't want to pay £5 into Southern's coffers, I already pay them over £2000 for a season ticket). For me the most convenient way to get to Falmer would be train from Haywards Heath to Lewes, then on to Falmer. However, some clever person at MSDC or WSCC has decided to make it impossible to park within walking distance of HH station. Fine, on a Monday to Friday I can understand it, but on a Saturday? Do me a favour.

I'm pretty sure you can park all day on lindfield road after 10am?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hassocks to Falmer is the way forward. I don't think the car park costs money at Hassocks on Saturday (I could be wrong though)

Hey lord B - What about people coming from our neck of the woods? Has it been confirmed as Park & Ride at Lewes yet?

Thanks Sir. :)
I shall almost certainly take advantage of the free parking at Glynde station - even though Glynde is outside the current travel voucher zone.

Alternatively, there is currently free parking at South Downs College on Saturdays - just round the corner from Lewes station.

Buses from Lewes to Falmer will be fairly frequent as well.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Cheers Lord B - Did see you Sat but was a bit SQUIFFY - apologies :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports