Getting to Falmer

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zabadda

Jun 29, 2008
I'm in Crawley and was wondering what is going to be the best way to get to the new stadium? I'll have 2 under 10 kids with me too.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Train to Brighton change and go to Falmer.
Failing that drive to the P&R on Mill road (right at the roundabout on bottom of A23) and take a bus

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Drive it: A23, Mill Rd, let the bus take the strain there and back, car, back on A23.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm in Crawley and was wondering what is going to be the best way to get to the new stadium? I'll have 2 under 10 kids with me too.

The best way, particularly with 2 under 10s, would be to drive to the stadium. But you won't be permitted to do that. So you have a choice of either bus or train.

But don't worry. After a couple of games the post-match travel enduro-experience will probably put your youngsters off going anyway. :thumbsup:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
The best way, particularly with 2 under 10s, would be to drive to the stadium. But you won't be permitted to do that. So you have a choice of either bus or train.

But don't worry. After a couple of games the post-match travel enduro-experience will probably put your youngsters off going anyway. :thumbsup:

How very true. A nice stadium but the parking problems will be a nightmare if it is necessary to use public transport to transfer. There was talk about parking at Sussex Uni - hopefully you will be allowed to use that?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Not of any help at all, but i reckon a good few times i'll head down, stay at my mum's off of the Lewes Road, and just jog there. 25 minutes. Bang. I'll be sweaty and smelly, but i don't go to games to pick up chicks, or apologise for eerie aromas to sat-nearby strangers.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'd have gone for the Premium seat if I could have found someone else in Burgess Hill to do likewise as you only get 1 space per 2 premium seats.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
is gotta be the bus

Zabadda

Jun 29, 2008
I would rather drive then I get the freedom to go/leave when I want which with kids is kinda needed

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I would rather drive then I get the freedom to go/leave when I want which with kids is kinda needed

Ain't going to happen as parking round the stadium is to be properly Policed (as opposed to the 'don't do it again' approach round Withdean).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Drive down to the Park and Ride , bus to and from the stadium and then drive back to Crawley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports