Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting Home Today?

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Hung around for 15 minutes and had a beer then walked back to the University Car park and got to my car at 5:20. Quite a queue to get out of the University grounds and it must have taken about 20+ minutes to get onto the bypass. Plain sailing after that and back home in Mile Oak about 5:55.

I was a bit suprised how far the University Car parks are from the ground. Its a good 10 minute walk each way and I would imagine any of the disabled that got put over there would have struggled. I'm a fairly fit 66 year old but even I was puffing a bit but it might have been the heat and the excitement.

Just as an aside, do any of the other car park patrons think the tickets are a bit too easy to copy. Just for fun I scanned mine yesterday onto a piece of blue card and I defy anybody to tell the difference, especially a steward gazing at it through the windscreen as you drive past. Would imagine this might need to be changed later.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Left just after full time - waited 30 mins for P&R back to Mill Rd. Not perfect but not the end of the world, queue for it seemed to be getting bigger while the other sites were pretty sparce so imagine tweaking needs to be made with amount of buses going to which site (obviously double deckers are a no go for mill Rd)

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Mooched about a bit after the final whistle but got to Falmer station about 5.20pm. Queued for about ten mins and got the 5.32 to Lewes. No bother.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gah! Pics to follow! Just let me finish this beer first then I'm on the case! :drink:

OK. In the gap between beers I uploaded these...

The Albion coming out. As it were...

KLL just scored- YAY! :clap:

View from WSU Row Z

I can see my seat from here.In fact I can almost see my brother's house in Aberdeen.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Parked in the Uni ,home 20 mins earlier than at the Withdean, just one point the WSL bars were not open after the match.

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
Left at full time...chose the right 25 bus stop, behind teh coach park as Falmer Staton stop was rammed....sitting outside the Waggon & Horses in town at 5:30 with a pint in hand, very smooth!

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Just as an aside, do any of the other car park patrons think the tickets are a bit too easy to copy. Just for fun I scanned mine yesterday onto a piece of blue card and I defy anybody to tell the difference, especially a steward gazing at it through the windscreen as you drive past. Would imagine this might need to be changed later.

My sister and I were discussing this today, that is what she said but I pointed out that as each one is a different colour unless someone who has paid for it is stupid enough to tell someone who hasn't what colour it is this week they won't know what colour to copy it to?

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
Left at final whistle, quick piss stop, and back at Brighton Station at 5.22pm, very impressed, and another two trains were due to stop before 5.30pm heading for Brighton after the one we got.

One concern is what it maybe like waiting for trains when the likes of Millwall/West Ham/Cardiff/Birmingham visit, and we are in in there together...........

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I went to the train station about 10 mins after final whistle, queue looked like a bit of a mission, couldn't be arsed so went back to ground, had a drink, concourse tv's told me a train was due in 10 mins, so walked down there expecting a small queue, no queue, waited 5 mins for the train and sorted.

That said, the walkway is very wide and some people were queing on the right when it seemed others just walked past and joined at the bottom. All in good spirits today so was fine but can imagine people getting aggy when its cold and raining. Perhaps needs better organisation in that respect.

I can see it being a bit of a pain getting away immediatly after kick off but I think I'm going to meet up with some mates and have a drink before leaving most games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here