Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting Home Today?

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Just back in Sompting at 6:15 thanks to the Mill Road park & ride fiasco. Left the ground just after the final whistle, about 1000 people queueing for Mill Road, buses for The Race course were leaving with about a dozen people on!
Got back to Mill road at 06:00, f**king joke, the longest I'd ever waited for the Mill road bus at Withdean was 15 mins, not happy!

:rant:

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
All good, saw the mass of people headed for the station and had a beer in the North. Still back in HH by 6.15 via Lewes. Excellent organisation.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Queue for trains to Brighton looked slow moving so popped over to the Lewes side of the tracks. Everyone got on the train that was waiting there for the 5:32 (I think). Then 5 minute wait at Lewes to hop on to an almost empty train to HH. Fab if it's that good next week.
Edit: Timmyyyyy!

Lush

Mods' Pet
Mithras House Park and Ride seemed pretty empty today. A tip for those who are thinking of driving. Was also thinking that if any people don't have a disabled parking space - or only have one over the road at the uni - surely this would be a better option so long as you're not in a wheelchair? Bus waiting at the P and R. Drop off at the stadium.

Can also get regular Brighton buses back if you want to have a drink after the match and don't want to get on a park and ride. If you fancy a healthy walk back you can do it in about 40 mins. And it's a lot closer than Mill Road so less chance of missing game due to traffic.

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
tried the Park and Ride = but that was manic
then looked at the trains but the queue was ridiculous

caught the 28 to the Level and the 5B home , home (Patcham) at 6 on the dot

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
The Rottingdean bus was excellent.

Waited 5 mins on the way there, and 5 mins on the way back.

Maybe I was lucky, but defo 10 out of 10.

TB

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Did the tourist bit by walking up to Row Z of the WSU for a photo. Leisurely pint in the WSL (about 20 servers at the bar and absolutely nothing for them to do, zero queues). Accurate train info clearly displayed on a screen in the bar, and you could see if there was a queue out the window of the concourse. Got the 18.21 back into town. Impeccable! Got nothing but praise for the club and the train companies. They coped splendidly. :clap2:

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
Left 2 mins before final whistle first bus back to Mill Hill and in Southwick by 5.10!
Out of interest I thought this game was a sell out as there were quite a few empty seats in East Stand?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Left 2 mins before final whistle first bus back to Mill Hill and in Southwick by 5.10!
Out of interest I thought this game was a sell out as there were quite a few empty seats in East Stand?

It was sold out but a reduced capacity (17,000) as the final ramp up event.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Left 5 mins after full time, slow walk upto p&r bus back to the racehill (no queue and empty buses waiting) dropped 2 off in whitehawk, home in newhaven 6.05, a good 20 mins earlier than a withers game. Well done to all concerned, there were loads of spaces at the racehill.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Clapped the team off the pitch. Strolled back to the car on the uni site and was quickly away. Back at my brother's at Ripe for 5:20. Well chuffed, much, much quicker (for me anyway) than Withdean! There weren't even any queues going into the a27 Lewes bound. Result!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Did the tourist bit by walking up to Row Z of the WSU for a photo. Leisurely pint in the WSL (about 20 servers at the bar and absolutely nothing for them to do, zero queues). Accurate train info clearly displayed on a screen in the bar, and you could see if there was a queue out the window of the concourse. Got the 18.21 back into town. Impeccable! Got nothing but praise for the club and the train companies. They coped splendidly. :clap2:

:needpics:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mill Hill was totally rammed so may try Mirthras House next time

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

You left before the final whistle and you did not realise it was a reduced capacity ?
:facepalm:

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Spent 45 minutes waiting to get out of the Bennets field car park. Not ideal. But will probably use park and ride or a bike most games and to be honest expected it to be a wait so not really a problem. Sounds like most journeys were good so well done to the club. So far so good!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here