Get Hyypia out

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I do hope you are being sarcastic, 3 wins in 22 games is not knee jerk.

Knee jerk? We have won 1 in 18. Ridiculous. 4 points adrift.

Hardly knee-jerk is it? It's been season long so far. Bruno's sending off just masks another disastrous f/ing day at the office.

Its niot though is it , its like this every week !!!!!!

From all accounts, the team played well today and looked a much better side than of late.

The knee jerk reaction comment is down to the fact that some only base their initial reaction on the result and especially if a loss and don't want to consider the fact that the players were working and playing better as a team and playing for the manager (and themselves) and that today, we almost hung on for a much needed win today and with a man down and who knows, it could be the catalyst, the start of the team fighting to get out of this mess and climb the table to safety, but hey, lets just kick them again when they are down, just to make sure they fail to gain in confidence as it may lead to Hyypia staying - some people would rather we lose (if it helped to get rid of the manager without any idea if the new manager will make any difference or it just makes matters worse whilst we are recruiting one) than see the manager turn it around and go onto be successful for us.

If we looked hopeless, then fair enough but we weren't today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I want him out , I want us to lose , god that hurts to say ,but if this **** stays we are down ,all I want is a fighting chance ,we have 1 win in 18 games ffs !
Stump up £200,000,000 and Hyypia is as good as gone.

You might not like it, there's plenty that don't,but it's Tony's decision and for the time being at least, that decision is Sami stays.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
We did play better today - but it was still not good enough. We defended better from midfield but that was expected from the team selection. However, going forward we were pretty clueless with little creativity. Apart from a good shot from JFC (who had a better game playing in his right position further forward), I cannot recall another shot on target. Our ability to retain possession in the Wolves half became less as the game progressed.

So it has taken Hyppia half a season to reign in the fullbacks and use some defensive midfielder in their natural positions. There is still no answer to creating chances with decent passing and movement. Our goal came from an overlap and a cross into the box, yet there were very few further attempts to overlap in the game after that. Tex and March should have been subbed earlier (Tex lost his fight after being flattened in the first half).

We did play better today - but it was still not good enough. We defended better from midfield but that was expected from the team selection. However, going forward we were pretty clueless with little creativity. Apart from a good shot from JFC (who had a better game playing in his right position further forward), I cannot recall another shot on target. Our ability to retain possession in the Wolves half became less as the game progressed.

So it has taken Hyppia half a season to reign in the fullbacks and use some defensive midfielder in their natural positions. There is still no answer to creating chances with decent passing and movement. Our goal came from an overlap and a cross into the box, yet there were very few further attempts to overlap in the game after that. Tex and March should have been subbed earlier (Tex lost his fight after being flattened in the first half).

Deserved the First Half lead and made Wolves look very average. We knew they would come at us second half (as every home team should if they are 1 down) but they weren't really causing us too many problems and we were dealing with it well (Dunk and Halford looked assured at the back). Sending off changed the game totally for us and from there onwards it was a non event going forwards.

I do agree though with your assessment of our ability to attack, however, this IMO, is down to lack of experience from our young and physically weak midfield (bar JFC and Bruno today) and their decision making. They will get better and this season may be the time to bed them in but not at the cost of us going down. I think come January Sami will bring in the experience required to stop the rot and they will be HIS choices.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Stump up £200,000,000 and Hyypia is as good as gone.

You might not like it, there's plenty that don't,but it's Tony's decision and for the time being at least, that decision is Sami stays.
Well that's fine , but tony is ****ing prat !!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It could be, of course, that this was the first game of the rest of our season; that Sami has been promised full support for a tougher disciplinary regime, Burke's replacement by an experienced ex-manager and significant backing in the window, and that today's improvement was a sign of improved morale and better times to come.

I'm not saying that this is the case but it might be, and we will soon find out.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Only one person to blame today - Tony Bloom
Why sack the manager then?
It's like leaving work and going home and kicking the dog, because you can't very well kick the boss, now can you?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
And so ends this discussion.
Shouldn't you be getting in someone's way..?
[emoji468] [emoji592] [emoji598] [emoji597] [emoji594] [emoji600] [emoji603] [emoji604] [emoji598] [emoji595]

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Why sack the manager then?
It's like leaving work and going home and kicking the dog, because you can't very well kick the boss, now can you?

It is Tony Bloom's fault because Hyypia should not be in charge. He is either deluded, arrogant, stupid or all three.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports