Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get Hyypia out

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
At any other time a fighting away draw having defended a lead with 10 men would feel like an acceptable result. But not in our current position.

But flip that around and the sad thing is that the players were minutes away from getting on the coach with 3 points and a huge boost to everyone's confidence going into the next 3 or 4 games.

In reality I suspect the players will feel like it was a defeat........

Hyypia just does not instil any confidence that he has the ability to get a real grip on the situation - irrespective of his supposed 'vote of confidence', the damage being done is now too significant to ignore.

Yoda

English & European
I want him out , I want us to lose , god that hurts to say ,but if this **** stays we are down ,all I want is a fighting chance ,we have 1 win in 18 games ffs !

I hate to say it, but if you could guarantee he would be gone with just the next defeat, I totally agree with you. The man has no clue tactically, as has been said. Why bring on a forward, when the back needs shoring up. Bring on Ince or Hughes.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Only 1 person to blame today - Bruno

Does there always have to be a scapegoat?

I would like to think he was giving everything to try and get a result. Some on here have been asking, no shouting for bite in the midfield. They get bite, it goes a little pear shaped, they don't like a bit of bite in midfield. The very same midfield has been described as 'powder puff' over the last few games - Brunos' sending off was someone getting stuck in. What do you want?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
OP says Hyppia is clueless. We'd have all taken a 1-0 away at Wolves. We can't jump on. Hyppia for mistakes like Bruno's today.

Stupid sending offs and giving away soft goals which have been themes this year indicate a lack of discipline and concentration. If individuals are repeatedly make big errors, it leads me to believe there's something not right with the management/ coaching.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
An incredible perspective of your own colon maybe.

Nope. Just a command of the literature.

This finding confirms results obtained by some recent studies and suggests that the firing of the manager has to be explained in relation to other reasons rather than for the expected improvement in team performance. For example, team boards may overestimate their own ability to undertake optimal replacement decisions, or as suggested by the scapegoating theory, firing the manager may represent a convenient tool for owners in order to placate frustrated stakeholders and supporters and displace blame for the poor performance away from themselves.

It's all affect. Results don't demonstrably change.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Bloom has apparently decided he is sticking by Hyypia. Dropping into the bottom three didn't lead to him changing his mind. The game v Millwall didn't change his mind. It seems as if Bloom is standing by Hyypia through January, at least.

It seems entirely self destructive, then, to wish for defeats in the hope it leads to Hyypia going. It won't. Even if you get the losses you wish for, it would take us being so far adrift for Bloom to change his mind, that we would need an extraordinary manager to turn things around and would be almost certainly relegated anyway.

Instead, why not wish for wins to keep us within touching distance of safety, without necessarily turning it around, so come late february, if Hyypia hasn't turned it around with his own man, it isn't mission impossible for his replacement?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Waste of a thread to be honest, the powers that be have already made their minds up he is staying at least until the Reading game. I fear Tony was gambling on us at least beating Millwall before the January transfer window and then would have been prepared to hand Sami a transfer budget, however a big defeat by maybe two goals may actually make him reconsider that, an unlucky one goal defeat may give Sami another game. This from a fans point of view is frustrating, and hard to understand but we are not aware of conversations and promises made by Tony and Sami to each other.....

Reading is D-day and that makes perfect sense before you go into the January transfer window.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Hypia chose to play Bruno in midfield - and someone else predicted on another thread before the game had started that he would get sent off. OK maybe that poster got a bit lucky - but they had seen something in Bruno that Hypia couldn't.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
I hate to say it, but if you could guarantee he would be gone with just the next defeat, I totally agree with you. The man has no clue tactically, as has been said. Why bring on a forward, when the back needs shoring up. Bring on Ince or Hughes.

His team talks must be like him boreing, love this club ,if we go down me and my dad wont come next year ,I have 3 kids so do over time to pay for my st dad is 72 so if I don't go he wont !

Hypia chose to play Bruno in midfield - and someone else predicted on another thread before the game had started that he would get sent off. OK maybe that poster got a bit lucky - but they had seen something in Bruno that Hypia couldn't.

Just got back from the game and actually Bruno in midfield was working well. He provided the strength in there and kept the momentum going in the first half. First Half we were good, kept the ball and got into excellent positions. the only thing letting us down once again was the final ball and individual decision making, otherwise with a more experienced midfield, we could have been more than 1 up (and a deserved lead) at half time.
Bruno sending off was totally his fault and he cost us the game. His frustration from losing a ball which he could have very simply cleared continued as a 2 footed lunge and a deserved Red. Can't see where Hypia is to blame for that?
Other observations from today - Tex is tricky but lightweight and IMO a liability. March not good enough (his injury and subsequent recovery has knocked him back) and is out of sorts and no confidence in his own ability.
JFC was excellent today and looked very assured - very pleasing to see.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Bruno sending off was totally his fault and he cost us the game. His frustration from losing a ball which he could have very simply cleared continued as a 2 footed lunge and a deserved Red. Can't see where Hypia is to blame for that?

You realize, of course, that you're wrong.
Just wanted to give you a heads-up in advance of the barracking you're about to receive. :whistle:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

He did say dazzle or be sent off, it seems he was right on both counts as it sounded to me like Bruno was in contention for MOM on the first half. Can't believe Hyypia is getting the blame for the sending off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here