Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gerrard Rumour

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bollox - there job is to make a mountin out of every molehill and make up storys every day? And it's no coincdence that before every big tourno they make something up / drag something up which 100% does affect the Eng team / plaqyers within the team. They're SKUM

They may well affect the team, but if the players actually carried themselves with a shred of dignity, then it wouldn't be an issue would it?

Look at Wayne Rooney: since his unfortunate episode with the, er, mature ladies of Merseyside when he was about 17, he's stayed well out of the limelight. He doesn't go out on the piss, he doesn't appear to be making any attempts on the world slapper-shagging record that we know of, and consequently the tabloids generally leave him alone.

Gerrard's missus, on the other hand, appears to positively relish the spotlight, along with a few of the other pointless-but-pretty gold-diggers that hang around England players (Clancy being the prime example). Therefore it's hardly surprising that the media consider her and her husband fair game.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Sticking to what he's good at today. Scored both goals. Liverpool currently beating Burnley 2-0.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You have to wonder if he might have left Liverpool in the summer anyway, regardless of all this speculation.

He was widely rumoured to have been tempted towards Chelsea a couple of seasons back but in the end stuck with Liverpool for one reason or another, maybe thinking they were on the way up. In fact they've effectively gone backwards, such is their reliance on him and Torres. They're further away from winning the title than ever.

I doubt he'd go to United even if they could afford him, Arsenal wouldn't splash out the cash because he's not French, I don't know if Chelsea would appeal to him now, and I can't see him being the type to move abroad. So it all points to Man City really.

Benitez will probably sack it and run in May, Torres may yet be flogged. What's keeping Gerrard there any more?

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
This story has been made by the news of the world (sunday sun), so bullshit

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You have to wonder if he might have left Liverpool in the summer anyway, regardless of all this speculation.

He was widely rumoured to have been tempted towards Chelsea a couple of seasons back but in the end stuck with Liverpool for one reason or another, maybe thinking they were on the way up. In fact they've effectively gone backwards, such is their reliance on him and Torres. They're further away from winning the title than ever.

I doubt he'd go to United even if they could afford him, Arsenal wouldn't splash out the cash because he's not French, I don't know if Chelsea would appeal to him now, and I can't see him being the type to move abroad. So it all points to Man City really.

Benitez will probably sack it and run in May, Torres may yet be flogged. What's keeping Gerrard there any more?

I agree. If Liverpool do not get 4th place this season, which I don't think they will, I reckon neither Gerrard nor Torres will be at Liverpool next season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This story has been made by the news of the world (sunday sun), so bullshit

It hasn't been in the NOTW though, has it? The only reference so far is the non-story about Gerrard's wife not wearing her ring, and the actual rumour has been circulating on the internet for days, not in the tabloids.

May well still be bullshit of course, but you can't really blame the Sun/NOTW.

Hoops Seagull

Nov 17, 2008
The rumour was on bbc sport 606 part the other day - i read what had been said and then when i went back to look at it it had been removed - I have heard from 2 different sources that Gerrard has got a 16 year pregnant who is refusing to get rid of baby and Mrs Gerrard has been having an affair with Kris Commons - the sources are an ex footballer and someone that books hotels etc for Footballers etc

Hoops Seagull

Nov 17, 2008
The rumour was on bbc sport 606 part the other day - i read what had been said and then when i went back to look at it it had been removed - I have heard from 2 different sources that Gerrard has got a 16 year pregnant who is refusing to get rid of baby and Mrs Gerrard has been having an affair with Kris Commons - the sources are an ex footballer and someone that books hotels etc for Footballers etc

These sources don't know each other either!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They may well affect the team, but if the players actually carried themselves with a shred of dignity, then it wouldn't be an issue would it?

Look at Wayne Rooney: since his unfortunate episode with the, er, mature ladies of Merseyside when he was about 17, he's stayed well out of the limelight. He doesn't go out on the piss, he doesn't appear to be making any attempts on the world slapper-shagging record that we know of, and consequently the tabloids generally leave him alone.

Gerrard's missus, on the other hand, appears to positively relish the spotlight, along with a few of the other pointless-but-pretty gold-diggers that hang around England players (Clancy being the prime example). Therefore it's hardly surprising that the media consider her and her husband fair game.

Do u really believe everything in the papers tho? Most is bollox - half the Terry stuff may well be false and this Gerrard stuff may be bollox. People make mistakes and anyone who thrives on reading shit like this about footballers are clearly more into gossip than football. I couldn't give a shit - i want England to win the World Cup and to have every chance of doing so the media should lay off...

I do however realise that's never gonna happen and yes i agree the players shouldn't give any spark, however small, to ignite a fire that the media will spread to become out of control (good metaphor there i thought :) )

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Bollox - there job is to make a mountin out of every molehill and make up storys every day? And it's no coincdence that before every big tourno they make something up / drag something up which 100% does affect the Eng team / plaqyers within the team. They're SKUM

To suggest that a) the papers make stories up and b) the papers want England to fail is ridiculous.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Do u really believe everything in the papers tho? Most is bollox - half the Terry stuff may well be false and this Gerrard stuff may be bollox. People make mistakes and anyone who thrives on reading shit like this about footballers are clearly more into gossip than football. I couldn't give a shit - i want England to win the World Cup and to have every chance of doing so the media should lay off...

I do however realise that's never gonna happen and yes i agree the players shouldn't give any spark, however small, to ignite a fire that the media will spread to become out of control (good metaphor there i thought :) )

Even if half of it is untrue, which I doubt, The players shouldnt give the media a chance to print anything.

To suggest the Media should "lay off" is silly, why should they? they have a job to do.

Also, do you think Bridge would of wanted to play for England with Terry if the papers hadnt printed it, I doubt it. I should think the team spirit in the England camp is lower now, Its not the medias fault that Terry acted like a bit of a **** is it?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
the reasons newspapers print this drivel and are full of crap about footballers or celebrity chefs if you are a bit posher is that people lap them up. dont buy them or talk about f***ing steven gerrard shagging some bird or his horrible wife unsurprisingly doing something horrible, and it goes away.

umpteen pages on some bollocks that no one knows about, made up of guesswork and hearsay and people exhausting themselves thinking about it. but its the papers fault people think someone sits in wapping thinking how can i make britain more stupid. truth is they dont need to.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

I'm serious - we have the strictest libel laws in the world in this country. You simply CANNOT publish lies about someone without it costing you a lot of money. And I suspect the vast majority of the journalists are English, and as such want the team to do well as much as the rest of us.

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield

It will all come out in the wash. For me Gerrard is guilty though :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm serious - we have the strictest libel laws in the world in this country. You simply CANNOT publish lies about someone without it costing you a lot of money. And I suspect the vast majority of the journalists are English, and as such want the team to do well as much as the rest of us.

Ah i see what u meant - obviously transfer talk is often bullshit but I suppose that's different...

I doubt some of the so called facts or info on the Terry case were all true tho - the overall concept may be true but other stuff in there could well be bollox.

Anyways i've said my opinion of the press and their manipulative ways now so let's all move on.

Kinky - Yes the media should lay off IMO - their job should be match reports. Nuff said - but then i dont read the shit most of them print anyway

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
agreed but ultimately blame the cnts who buy and lap up the crap. yeah what the press did to sven was wrong but unfortunately most of the british paper buying public loves this stuff. funny how we all go yeah the media wreck our chances but still put money in the fuckers pockets and devour the shit they print. i know everyone on here apparently ready the indie or guardian so is exempt from blame but come on we are all complicit in this circus. stop it or make it unacceptable and it mostly goes away.

as for the they bring it on themselves view thats a bit of bollocks too. as football fans we wet our knickers over these lads. they are not properly prepared for it (who can be) and act like nobs. we are to blame for that too. if everyone in liverpool just went alright steve when they saw him he perhaps wouldnt be such a cnt.

its always someone elses fault in this country.

THIS! :clap:

Anyone who buys the Sun and then moans that the press always release a story before a major championship to derail our campaign is a hypocrite! It's not 'the press', it's the TABLOID press, so stop buying the muck in the first place! :shootself

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I might be reading this wrongly but this story says to me "Watch out Gerrard".

The closer we get to the WC the bigger any story involving an England player becomes. The papers will want exclusives from the players so it doesn't make sense to piss them off for no good reason.

We know The Sun/NOTW and the City Of Liverpool fell out after Hillsborough so the Murdoch papers generally don't give a f*** but the implication is there's more than this going on and the papers know it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here