Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gerard Deulofeu as per http://www.mundodeportivo.com/

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
There's no question that he is too good for us right now but....

Barca want him to get a full season of football so it wont be the big clubs (who would want to buy him). If one of the other Premiership clubs like Swansea wanted him on loan I think that would be most likely but if not I think we might just have a chance... we have the Barca link, the style of football and he's guaranteed first team football. So...... perhaps

As I wrote on one of the other threads about this player, it is out of the question that he will be sent on loan to ANY second-level club ANYWHERE. He already plays every game for Barcelona B in the Spanish 2nd Division so he not only gets all the equivalent experience he needs, he gets it while playing for Barcelona coaches and can be brought into their First Team at any time.

He would be a first choice starter at three quarters of La Liga sides, PL sides or Bundesliga sides.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Not sure why people keep saying he'd be a bit part player at most Prem clubs, he would be a regular - no question. Playing a season in the Championship is not really going to benefit someone already as talented as him. He will get regular top flight football in either England/Spain/Germany. The best choice for him is probably to stay at Barca and compete with Pedro/Alexis/Tello for the 3rd forward position

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
As I wrote on one of the other threads about this player, it is out of the question that he will be sent on loan to ANY second-level club ANYWHERE. He already plays every game for Barcelona B in the Spanish 2nd Division so he not only gets all the equivalent experience he needs, he gets it while playing for Barcelona coaches and can be brought into their First Team at any time.

He would be a first choice starter at three quarters of La Liga sides, PL sides or Bundesliga sides.

Beat me to it

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

This.

I would love to be proven wrong but the guy is brilliant and miles better than a team in the second tier even if we are looking at promotion. If we go up, and they still want to send him out next year then maybe but even then it's a big maybe as they probably would like to see him get a run about in the Europa League for some further experience

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
His rating is only 75 on Fifa so he can't be that good... :shrug:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'd imagine he'd get plenty of play time at Spurs they only have the useless shite Adebayor on the books and they ain't getting anyone else in unless they can shift his wages which is looking unlikely.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I look forward to this loan signing with profound joy. In my overly optimistic & bizarre take on this, I look forward to the press conference from Deulofeu as he puts pen to paper . "Oscar is a second father to me", "Brighton was the only option", "Oscar leads, I follow", "I will model my career on my hero Oscar". With that, Deulofeu raises his shirt to reveal a tattoo across his chest of a Barcelona clad Oscar celebrating a famous goal. Oscar and Deulofeu embrace as tears roll down their faces, their Brighton reunion ensures. Oscar grabs Deulofeu's head and whispers in to his ear - "You are now my son, go forward and produce flair". Other 'sons' from Barca B follow Deulofeu's wise example. We start winning big.

Just a thought.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I look forward to this loan signing with profound joy. In my overly optimistic & bizarre take on this, I look forward to the press conference from Deulofeu as he puts pen to paper . "Oscar is a second father to me", "Brighton was the only option", "Oscar leads, I follow", "I will model my career on my hero Oscar". With that, Deulofeu raises his shirt to reveal a tattoo across his chest of a Barcelona clad Oscar celebrating a famous goal. Oscar and Deulofeu embrace as tears roll down their faces, their Brighton reunion ensures. Oscar grabs Deulofeu's head and whispers in to his ear - "You are now my son, go forward and produce flair". Other 'sons' from Barca B follow Deulofeu's wise example. We start winning big.

Just a thought.

A wonderful vision of one possible future.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Having just witnessed this young man tearing stoke a new one on M.O.T.D, what the hell would he have done in the championship?
Sadly it never happen, if we were ever in the running in the 1st place.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Having just witnessed this young man tearing stoke a new one on M.O.T.D, what the hell would he have done in the championship?
Sadly it never happen, if we were ever in the running in the 1st place.

What a player. It must be quite worrying for other big European teams to see players like him being the next to come through the Barcelona academy. Stoke were rubbish but he blew them away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here