Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gerard Deulofeu as per http://www.mundodeportivo.com/

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Can not see it he is to good for the championship. However is Oscar can pull that off can see him ripping the championship to pieces.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The fact that this is even being discussed shows how far we have come. 4 years ago some crocked ageing ex Premiership player would have been just as exciting to us... and about as unlikely

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The fact that this is even being discussed shows how far we have come. 4 years ago some crocked ageing ex Premiership player would have been just as exciting to us... and a bout as unlikely

This time five years ago everyone was getting excited about the return of Adam Virgo

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Oh my lord. Considering the teams involved as well in the hunt we'd have no chance...but to even be linked to a player like that? wow.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
On paper it looks like we have no chance but Deulofeu will have been coached by Oscar before and that maybe enough to tip it our way. Very slim chance but you never know.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm going to stick my neck out and say NOT A CHANCE.

I said this about CMS too.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
the only thing in our favour is that he would know Oscar but come on there is no chance is there ...

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
That is nuts. He's pretty much THE teen sensation of Spanish football right now. I'm staggered that we've even chanced our arm on this one.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
As I said on another thread. Oscar is ex Barca youth manager and very highly regarded so they will be highly confident he would get the right development. He would also be a guaranteed starter in a very competitve league, as opposed to bit part player/bench warmer for a side like Arsenal. I think there is a chance.....

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He will play for WHOEVER he joins on loan. He is THAT good. If we got him, that would be mental, Premier League here we come.

I doubt that we will, but we have connections which could make it happen.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
As I said on another thread. Oscar is ex Barca youth manager and very highly regarded so they will be highly confident he would get the right development. He would also be a guaranteed starter in a very competitve league, as opposed to bit part player/bench warmer for a side like Arsenal. I think there is a chance.....

The problem is, I don't think he would be a bit part player/bench warmer for most Premier league teams, probably including Arsenal.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The problem is, I don't think he would be a bit part player/bench warmer for most Premier league teams, probably including Arsenal.

I wouldn't be so sure, he is only 19, to be expected to perform at the highest level in the Prem might be a stretch at this stage of his career never mind how promising he is.

Just look at Nuri Şahin, who was a young starlet at Madrid, he struggled at Anfield.

Arsenal are just about to spend 22 mill on a striker anyway.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
No way is any 19 year old striker/winger guaranteed a place in an Arsenal side that will have Higuain and possibly Rooney up front and Cazorla and Walcott out wide.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's exciting to even be linked with a player of this quality. Unfortunately, the realistic chances of him coming to us, even if it is on loan to his old coach, are the square root of F all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here