Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gerard Deulofeu as per http://www.mundodeportivo.com/

Centurion

Sep 2, 2012
The Barcelona link must surely have been one if the appeal factors for signing Oscar. If he could bring him on loan next year would be amazing

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I would be entirely over-excited downstairs if this came off.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
He is not for sale. Last year his buy out clause was raised from £8m to £29m. He will probably go out on loan to either LFC or the spuds.
He may however change his mind depending on how the year long loan goes, but he won't be leaving Barca any time soon.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I don't think people on here realise exactly how talented Deulofeu is! He is being promoted to the full Barca squad this season and strongly linked to Dortmund on loan, or failing that Sevilla, or even stay in the first team squad at Barca. Starring for Spain U20's at the World Cup at the moment and can't see any reason as to why he'd go to the Championship!

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
It would be on loan as he has signed a contract with barca till 2017 only last month. It would be an immense singing, 2nd top scorer in the spanish 'championship' this season, 18 goals for a winger aint half bad.
Doubt it will happen though.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Who said he was?

Very unlikely that LFC, spuds or arsenal would want the guy on loan without any chance of signing him at. The end of it. Barca may however include one of there famous buy back clauses if they did choose to sell but more likely to go to a top Italian club with Euro football and little money so that they get best of both world's from the loan. Cash, euro games and little threat of loosing the player.
I do think however that there are players at Barca who could well benifit from playing for us under Oscar.

Dec 29, 2011
I can only see him going to Swansea. Won't get enough game time at Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs. Barca will want him to get taught more the 'barca way', and against good opposition. That leaves just Swansea in my opinion, with an outside chance of us.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Thought we'd moved on from loan signings, I feel we should be getting Bas Savage back!

:clap2:

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
As I said on another thread. Oscar is ex Barca youth manager and very highly regarded so they will be highly confident he would get the right development. He would also be a guaranteed starter in a very competitve league, as opposed to bit part player/bench warmer for a side like Arsenal. I think there is a chance.....

Agreed id go as far to say we are the most likely team he'd go to as part of a one year loan deal for the reasons above. Just to see that kid play for one season at the Amex would be amazing

shaunslats

Mar 6, 2013
Magrathea
for him its either go to the prem clubs or Valencia which he has been linked with, play bit part if at all. Or join a club managed by his old youth manager and probably play every week and demonstrate how good he is in a 1st team instead of reserves, think if he and Barcelona think logically n want him to play and actually develop they should choose us.

but then again probably not aha :whistle:

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
for him its either go to the prem clubs or Valencia which he has been linked with, play bit part if at all. Or join a club managed by his old youth manager and probably play every week and demonstrate how good he is in a 1st team instead of reserves, think if he and Barcelona think logically n want him to play and actually develop they should choose us.

but then again probably not aha :whistle:

Thanks

but then again no thanks

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It makes more sense for both the club and the player for him to come to us than to a top Premier League or La Liga team. Unfortunately, football isn't about sense.

SeagullJR

May 9, 2012
If he goes to the likes of Arsenal, Tottenham or Liverpool he will just be a bit part player. Dipping in and out of first team football, playing cup football etc. With us he would play week in week out as one of the first names on the team sheet. If Barca want him long term and their aim is to send him out for as much experience as possible then I feel we're in with a pretty decent shout.
I mean look what happened to Sahin at Liverpool, Madrid and Sahin must regret that move.
I still think its unlikely but don't think we have NO chance!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
There's no question that he is too good for us right now but....

Barca want him to get a full season of football so it wont be the big clubs (who would want to buy him). If one of the other Premiership clubs like Swansea wanted him on loan I think that would be most likely but if not I think we might just have a chance... we have the Barca link, the style of football and he's guaranteed first team football. So...... perhaps

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here