Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Zimmerman not guilty.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not surprised but both angry and sad about this. Shot because of one reason and one reason only, what he looked like

Had it been a white lad taking a short cut through a gated community development late at night a different interpretation on the laws of trespass and potential criminal activity would apply.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Close Martyn, but he was killed because he was BLACK.

Does everyone get that, because he was killed because he was BLACK.

America, go f u c k yourself.

I think him braking Zimmerman's nose and repeatedly hitting his head on the concrete pavement was a factor.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yes but Zimmerman is not white so you cannot use the white v black argument. Was he killed because the way he looked.....totally

Trayvon Martin was not killed because of the way Martin looked.

He was killed because of George Zimmerman's interpretation of how Martin looked and what Zimmerman chose to do about it.

A subtle distinction, but an important one.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Trayvon Martin was not killed because of the way Martin looked.

He was killed because of George Zimmerman's interpretation of how Martin looked and what Zimmerman chose to do about it.

A subtle distinction, but an important one.

What did he mean by 'these ******* always get away'?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Zimmerman, who was armed, came across Trayvon Martin and did not like the look of him, he chased him down and killed him saying he feared for his life, Trayvon was armed with skittles and iced tea

Is there a reason you're omitting the broken nose part of the story though? The medical report played a major part in his defence, and clearly in the minds of the jury. It almost seems as if you're deliberately misleading people.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Is there a reason you're omitting the broken nose part of the story though? The medical report played a major part in his defence, and clearly in the minds of the jury. It almost seems as if you're deliberately misleading people.

No I was not misleading I did not find it very important to truthful. We knew Zimmerman was chasing Trayvon and it's natural he would fight back, I know I would fight back if a man with a gun was following me for no reason.

The transcript

http://misterbillohno.newsvine.com/_news/2013/07/10/19392176-transcript-of-george-zimmerman-911-call

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
What's with the bias in this thread, I'm reading through the prosecution's and defense's case and I'm sorry but the prosecution's case is a ****ing travesty with little evidence and conflicting testimony, while the defense actually has expert scientific testimony to backup Zimmerman's story. Regardless of what happened, anyone who thinks the jury should have declared Zimmerman guilty beyond a reasonable doubt given the pathetic case presented by the prosecution is a ****ing tool.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
What's with the bias in this thread, I'm reading through the prosecution's and defense's case and I'm sorry but the prosecution's case is a ****ing travesty with little evidence and conflicting testimony, while the defense actually has expert scientific testimony to backup Zimmerman's story. Regardless of what happened, anyone who thinks the jury should have declared Zimmerman guilty beyond a reasonable doubt given the pathetic case presented by the prosecution is a ****ing tool.

The worst point of the case is the fact that the prosecution did not really want to charge Zimmerman, the government of Florida were on his side. That's why this is so bad,

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
The worst point of the case is the fact that the prosecution did not really want to charge Zimmerman, the government of Florida were on his side. That's why this is so bad,

Now that's just grasping at straws. There were no reliable witnesses other than Zimmerman himself, and the forensic evidence is clearly in favour of Zimmerman, even the best team of lawyers in the world would not be able to get a verdict of murder out of this. I do not understand why people are eschewing science for vague political narratives in deciding the facts about what happened.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Now that's just grasping at straws. There were no reliable witnesses other than Zimmerman himself, and the forensic evidence is clearly in favour of Zimmerman, even the best team of lawyers in the world would not be able to get a verdict of murder out of this. I do not understand why people are eschewing science for vague political narratives in deciding the facts about what happened.

How much to you know about Florida politics?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
No I was not misleading I did not find it very important to truthful. We knew Zimmerman was chasing Trayvon and it's natural he would fight back, I know I would fight back if a man with a gun was following me for no reason.

Chasing is an embellishment of "following", which we knew.
"fight back" is predicated on the assumption (not found in evidence) that Zimmerman started the fight.

How about some more facts found in the courtroom.

The area was surrounded by neighbourhood watch signposts with the words "we report all suspicious persons and activity to the police... [phone number]".
This is the number called by Zimmerman where he stated "I think he's on drugs or something".
Trayvon's toxicology report found he was under the influence of THC, and his only other injury was to his hand.
Zimmerman suffered a broken nose and cuts to the back of his head.
The bullet injury is consistent with Zimmerman firing upwards from his back, because the gun was in contact with something (hoodie?) but still 2-12 inches away from the victim's body.

I have absolutely no stake either way, but the media circus seems to ignore all these facts and this thread could use some balance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here